+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap weather for April

I'm Jon.

Looks great Marco, i might even fire up the BBQ tonight.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cheers, mate. You should, especially in the circumstances we're currently all in.... LIFE is LITERALLY TOO SHORT not to ENJOY yourself!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    I live a few minutes away from you and it's still 20 here
    Never mind you 'darn sarf' boys, it's still 21C in sunny Wrexham: https://www.google.com/search?q=temp...hrome&ie=UTF-8

It was 22C earlier when I took those pics!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm guy.

I live a few minutes away from you and it's still 20 here
    Bentley? There was a roof in one of your photographs that made me think of the area (seriously )

Do you post on hifi subjectivist ?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

Bloody hell Marco the first photo, in particular, has got me salivating (I do like charcuterie, or is it antipasti in Italian?)
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

It's been wonderful here in sunny Suffolk today..

this one
    Sony CDP XB930.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Bloody hell Marco the first photo, in particular, has got me salivating (I do like charcuterie, or is it antipasti in Italian?)
    Lol, and cheers! Yes, antipasto in Italian. You don't really pluralise it. Well, no part of that was homemade. It was all bought from Lidl, which is why I keep banging on about the place!

One of the best things they sell is their Italian and German cold meat selections, pickles and antipasto. It's truly top-notch and knocks anything that Waitrose, or any other UK supermarket, sells into a cocked hat - at half the price!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Bentley? There was a roof in one of your photographs that made me think of the area (seriously )

Do you post on hifi subjectivist ?
    Yes, i live in between the school and the church.
    My teenage years were lived in either the Case or the Wheatsheaf, and sometimes the Whitehorse in Capel if i was desperate
    Also, and i've just remembered there was a tiny pub in Tattingstone (the orange box?) that i had a few pints in once and only once. I recall being so drunk i couldn't ride my FS1E home and had to stumble home instead, in fact i seem to remember waking up in a field.
    Good days.

I'm guy.

Wheatsheaf is my local (cycle over from Stutton on a Friday) - If you ever go there (when this shit is over, God willing), I'll be the good looking one playing boule
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Are you ignoring me now, Stevie-lad? I've replied to a number of your posts today (and also yesterday) without receiving a reply. Have you lost your sensahuma? Hopefully not!

Anyway, the proper heat and sun has now reached us! It's currently 22C here and gorgeous!!

Marco.
    As if! Nah, I did start to do a reply, then the battery died, then I went to bed, then the message timed-out, then I forgot what I meant to say anyway, then I went about my day

Anita doesn't just make cakes, she does all the cooking. The baking is just an extra thing she's took up this last few days for something to do. She plans to make some smaller cakes tomorrow, and my plan is to spray paint them silver, drill a hole in the bottoms and sell them as record clamps - God knows I could do with an alternative income to tide us over till June

Picnic didn't happen today, weather wasn't to our liking what with all the wind. Looks nice and warm at your gaff, but you're helped by having that semi-enclosed space by the back door for your table etc. We are a lot more open and exposed here, so I'll wait for a more settled day (prob Tuesday).
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast