+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTD: Schiit Freya+

I'm Chris.

I think only option at the moment is to bite the bullet and import a 240v version from the US.....

If I needed a pre-amp that does it all that would be my play.
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-cal View Post
    I think only option at the moment is to bite the bullet and import a 240v version from the US.....

If I needed a pre-amp that does it all that would be my play.
    I have an enquiry in with them about doing this, but they are on Backorder in the States as well.
    Schitt UK, who haven't had one for 7 Months, say any warranty/return to base repairs, for one purchased this way, would mean sending it back to California.
    I'm tempted to do it, but my last item purchased from the States (Marchand X-Over) hasn't arrived and is 3 weeks overdue on a 6-10 day service, which is worrying.

I've had several items from Europe and China, on std mail, come through in half this time.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    I have an enquiry in with them about doing this, but they are on Backorder in the States as well.
    Schitt UK, who haven't had one for 7 Months, say any warranty/return to base repairs, for one purchased this way, would mean sending it back to California.
    I'm tempted to do it, but my last item purchased from the States (Marchand X-Over) hasn't arrived and is 3 weeks overdue on a 6-10 day service, which is worrying.

I've had several items from Europe and China, on std mail, come through in half this time.

Indeed always the risk when buying from a foreign supplier. It amazes me how poorly prepared they appear to be from a production/availability perspective of what was always likely to be a very popular and sought after product.

Universal praise in all reviews and improving on the original, along with keeping the price excellent, should have had them making hay!

I'm speaking prior to the current situation of course where as now a similar issue would be more than understandable.

I've been waiting for some tubes from the USA for nearly 2 months now . . . . had a DAC come from China in 6 days including customs . . .
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm Ken.

I just heard back from Schiit, the Freya is on back order till 17th June in the States, no ETA for UK stock as yet.

I'm Ken.

SORTED

I have ordered one from the States.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12