Hi,
I would like to put together a small system possibly with a valve amp or diy valve amp just for listening to FM radio during the day, in particular BBC Radio 4 for speech and BBC Radio 3 for classical and concerts.

I am thinking valve for a warmer sound for speech

I want to have really good speech sound from BBC Radio 4

I will use my AVI Neutrons MKIV speakers which are sort of similar to LS3/5a but not really if you know what I mean. They have been sitting around for ages so I might as well put them to work.

According to a website my speakers are

588D6A54-AA56-4DBB-AD13-352E01965318-1528-000000EC133AD0CA.png

The Neutron IV’s comprise of a five litre, ported enclosure, fitted with a 125mm doped paper mid/woofer and a "top of the range" 25mm fabric domed tweeter. The small loss of sensitivity involved with this type of drive unit is more than offset by the greatly reduced distortion/colouration that they offer. The crossover is textbook second order and uses massive Ferrite cored inductors and polypropylene capacitors. Internal cabinet resonances are damped by a measured quantity of acoustic wadding.

Specifications:

Size H X W X D: 265 x 140 x 205mm
Bass Drive Unit: 125mm doped paper 25mm voice coil
Tweeter: 25mm doped silk composite
Crossover: 12dB/Octave Linkwitz-Riley
Sensitivity: 87.5dB/W/M
Amplitude response: +or- 2dB 100Hz to 23kHz
Bass response: -6dB @ 65Hz
Amplifier range: 30-150 Watts
Finishes: Black Ash or Cherry real wood

It would be on for a good part of the day.

I am thinking of something 10-20w but you may think that would not work with the Neutron MKIV speakers.

Looking forward to any advice

Thanks

Lee