+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Digitising Vinyl

I'm Rich.

Default Help Digitising Vinyl

Hi All
    I have quite a few LP’s which are not available on any other format and I’d like to record them and upload to the NAS.
    I used to have a lovely little Roland Cakewalk UA-1G which made this task a breeze, but I have turned the house upside down and cannot find it, I reckon I must have lent it to somebody?

Anyway, I’ve placed an ad for a rega fono mini or something similar, but nothing so far and nothing about on eBay for the budget. I really can’t afford to spend much more money, who knows what’ll happen in this strange new world.

So, my question is this - is it possible to use the tape outs on my amp (I have a marantz pm-4 and a A&R A60, so both have phono stages and tape outs) and feed into one of the cheaper behringer line only audio interfaces and then to the laptop via usb?
    If so, how good would the quality be (I think I still have vinyl studio somewhere) and I assume that my dynavector 10x5 would be fine?

Cheers
    Rich

I'm David.

A second-hand NAD PP4 would be ideal - I bought one new and sold it for nearly what I'd paid for it to digitise my vinyl. Comes with the impressive Vinyl Studio software (which can be addictive).
    Covered unboxing and use on my blog some years ago.
    DGP

I'm Rich.

Hi
    I'd love one, but way over my budget i'm afraid

I'm Kevin.

I have an old Griffin imic which I used to do exactly what you're thinking of doing. Not used it for years so you can have it to try if you want.

I'm Dee.

Default Help digitizing vinyl

Hi Rich,I found my Cakewalk UA-1G....haven’t used it in years... your quite welcome to loan it if you want.
    PM me if your interested.
    Thanks DEE

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dee View Post
    Hi Rich,I found my Cakewalk UA-1G....haven’t used it in years... your quite welcome to loan it if you want.
    PM me if your interested.
    Thanks DEE
    Funny enough I recently found my old cakewalk at the back of a cupboard. Its about 10 years old and the rubber coating had become all sticky and grubby.

I then bought a Schitt JIl ADC and vinyl studio and am now at about 150 odd records ripped. Great quality and easy to use...
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Rich.

Thanks so much for the kind offers of loans guys, much appreciated guys.

I've got myself an old Project Phono Box 2 USB - hopefully that will do a good job.

+ Reply to Thread