+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tweeter

I'm Vince.

Default Tweeter

Hello Pepe's,
    Can anyone tell me what value capacitor/resistor I will need to add a pair of Silver Iris tweeters to system.
    I'm putting the tweeters into a little box and I want to power them from the inputs of my Ruark Equinox. I'm not replacing the existing tweeter, I just want to see if they make an improvement.
    I just want the one component in line to the Silver Iris, to block bass and midrange.
    Thanks in advance guys.
    Stay safe
    Vince

I'm Geoff.

Moved to Blank Canvas section. More appropriate.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

Am I right in thinking they are compression drivers to match the Hawthorne 15" bass drivers (the latter possibly made by Eminence)? I might be barking up the completely wrong tree here. But if so then I think they'll go quite low for tweeters.

On the other hand, are you just looking to add some "air" to your speakers like a supertweeter, or a bit more zing like just making the current tweeter louder? The crossover frequency you pick will depend on this.

There's also the relative sensitivity of them to think of, they might play much louder than your current ones and need padding down a bit (L pad).

But you could start with single capacitor in series to roll off below 10khz say. You should be able to find a simple first order crossover calculator to do that. I'd do it myself but I need to get to sleep!

+ Reply to Thread