+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID 19 - Hifi Projects

I'm Mandeep.

I have already ......
    Removed Isoacoustics Oreo Indigo from under my dac and put them under the shelf my RP10 sits on, which had 4 sorbathane discs. The disc are now under the dac..
    Ordered, received and installed Custom Design iRap platforms under my speakers.
    Ordered a Schiit Magni Heresy headphone amp to try..
    Listened to lots of new music on Qobuz, and will probably end up buying new (used) headphones or iem to try..
    May put another dac back into use..
    Need to find something to distract me from hifi
    Too much time on my hands.

I'm Kevin.

I am starting the build of a Neurochrome Modulus 686 amplifier.
    I have a pair of mono block Modulus 86 amplifiers, and I am really impressed with them. However, having just ordered a set of Triangle Antal EZ, I could do with a little more power (apparently).

This is going to be a long term project, as it is relatively expensive.
    I am testing my skills with the build of a Gaurdian 686 which will be used in my dual mono build.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Pete.

This thread https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...-interconnects caught my attention a couple of weeks ago and I have finally investigated doubling CD to Preamp interconnect with favourable results.

Now looking to double Preamp to Power amp interconnects to "see" how that sounds.

Will post results in above thread eventually - not quite sure where I can get some cable at the moment...

I'm inthescottishmafia.

HiFi Collective will post.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Stephen.

Finally got around to installing my Tom Evans full monty upgraded Pioneer A-300R into second system - not cheap but utterly stunning sound from an integrated “vintage” amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

So far i have bought a Caiman SEG + Dorado MKII and am now currently thinking whether to upgrade the Croft to 'R' spec (is Glen even taking on work atm?), or possibly get a Decca cartridge, or start looking at MC's/sut's/headamps! Decisions decisions.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by kininigin View Post
    (is Glen even taking on work atm?).
    I emailed Glenn last week and had no reply which is unusual for him.

Always a little further

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

Ahh ok, maybe i'll leave the 'upgrade the Croft' option off the table for now then.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    I emailed Glenn last week and had no reply which is unusual for him.

This no reply thing really gets me down and it happens way too much in this game, from my experience, just kills it for me

My comment and feeling is not directed at Glen (I dont know him), it's as I say in regard to my own experience, across many years in this hi-fi game. Be the best day ever, when I'm not subject to it anymore
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    This no reply thing really gets me down and it happens way too much in this game, from my experience, just kills it for me

My comment and feeling is not directed at Glen (I dont know him), it's as I say in regard to my own experience, across many years in this hi-fi game. Be the best day ever, when I'm not subject to it anymore
    I know Glenn very well and in my experience when he does not reply within 24 hours there is always a good reason like he's on holiday, ill or in the summer across the road at the Scarborough cricket ground
    Always a little further

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast