+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Corona Tests

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    When did you last go out? When did you last meet or talk to someone you're not living with, or unsure of, at close quarters?

I have had tight chests in previous years - to be avoided at all costs. However, I think it doesn't automatically follow that if you have those symptoms you have CV 19. Now we are told that some people only have mild symptoms, or even no symptoms at all.
    Without a reliable test (say at least at the 95% level) it's going to be hard to figure this out. What about a runny nose, or sneezing, which could be due to allergies?
    Went to the corner shop Friday morning. That was my last close contact with anyone - and it wasn't that close. No sneezing or runny nose. Just slight temperature and tight chest. Felt 100% when I went to bed last night. I was still going into work last week, finished on Wednesday (although there were only two of us in on Wednesday). So could easily have got it there and I'm only now showing symptoms.

Agree it may well not be the dreaded lurgy. No way to be sure without a test. I won't be bothering anyone unless it gets a lot worse. Right now just feel a bit off-colour.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andre.

I think there is too much time wasting going on tbh..

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Agree it may well not be the dreaded lurgy. No way to be sure without a test. I won't be bothering anyone unless it gets a lot worse. Right now just feel a bit off-colour.
    OK - take care. We've been pretty much isolated for weeks now - hardly any contact with anyone close up, though we didn't think we had the thing. Just get food dropped in and Amazon parcels, and swap food with the neighbour - but do the handover with plastic bags left in the drive. The last close contact with anyone we had from anyone outside was I think 3 weeks ago, though I'd have to check.

People who've been to work recently might still have picked it - or something else - up.
    Dave

I'm Martin.

I would quarantine all parcels if I were you, watch this tw*t

Words fail me!!
    We are the love we leave behind.

I'm Grant.

yup ive been quarentining everything i can that comes in for 24/48 hrs. if i have to touch then i handle it like a bomb the wash 3 times...lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm guy.

According to the Times yesterday, NHS staff testing will start next week. It will begin with critical care staff and gradually work through to social care and other key workers.

I agree it would be nice to know - my eldest daughter is an occupational therapist and has not been to work for the last week, bit of a temperature for a day then feeling completely worn out/sleeping lots for two days - but there is no point stamping your pretty little feet and demanding tests now, "it is what it is".
    Anyway there seems to be a 10% chance of getting an incorrect result.

Having spent the last week and a bit "isolating" as a family (been rather good actually ) we are hoping that once our daughter is tested we will all have a better idea of where we stand.

I had a fever for a couple of days, aches like I have never experienced and difficulty breathing but that was over Christmas (had to go back to bed Christmas Day afternoon) but not sure whether that could have been this Corona.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudz View Post
    I would quarantine all parcels if I were you, watch this tw*t

Words fail me!!
    The nasty cunt!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Andre.

That is utterly beyond words.
    Last edited by Made in 1968; 29-03-2020 at 14:48.

I'm Geoff.

Assuming it's genuine. A lot of YouTube stuff is faked.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Went to the corner shop Friday morning. That was my last close contact with anyone - and it wasn't that close. No sneezing or runny nose. Just slight temperature and tight chest. Felt 100% when I went to bed last night. I was still going into work last week, finished on Wednesday (although there were only two of us in on Wednesday). So could easily have got it there and I'm only now showing symptoms.

I hope you feel better soon Martin.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast