+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Pad into my Yamaha CD -S300 player

I'm Anto.

Default I Pad into my Yamaha CD -S300 player

Hi folks , just wondered how creative I can be , with these 2 items .

I have an I pad my daughter gave her mum, I use it mainly for watching I player when I do jobs sat in a tractor seat (NOT moving) This is in line of sight of Wi Fi!

Now the Yamaha CD -S300 has an USB connector for an I pod (I dont have one) but I have an I Pad !
    I read that playing files from the I Pad bypasses the DAC in it and then presumeably uses the DAC in the CD ! (I am happy with that )

I also could play into the CD via Toslink from the Marantz AV unit sat next door - and then use Spotify (Premimum for best quality?) but my expeirience with streaming music is either You Tube or Alexa ,and quality is not there !

So ,for an absolute digital dinosaur of sorts ,has anyone any advice for me ? Please?
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm David.

unfortunately you cant connect your Ipad to the amp using USB. you can get USB converter for the Ipad, but they don't support outputting music.

I'm Anto.

Thanks David . If the CD player works with an I Pod ,why not an I Pad ?
    I am unsure of what streaming service would fit the bill but Spotify or I Tunes came to mind

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
    unfortunately you cant connect your Ipad to the amp using USB. you can get USB converter for the Ipad, but they don't support outputting music.
    Well thats not exactly correct. I can hook my Audio Quest DragonFly Red to any of my Ipads and play music from files onboard or off you tube etc.
    Regards Neil

I'm Anto.

Right ok ! This morning ,I by chance discovered my daughter(who has left home a couple of yrs ago ,) has an I Pod she used to use .
    So I can ask her if I can use that as well !! The Yamaha is designed to be used with an I Pod .
    Its just choice of music to use or how to use it rather !!

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Well thats not exactly correct. I can hook my Audio Quest DragonFly Red to any of my Ipads and play music from files onboard or off you tube etc.
    Th Audio Quest uses the music output of the IPad and not the USB part. Same way I can connect my headphones to the Ipad and IPhone using the converter.

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
    Th Audio Quest uses the music output of the IPad and not the USB part. Same way I can connect my headphones to the Ipad and IPhone using the converter.
    It uses the 3.5 mm jack socket to get the headphone output ,not the usb /lightening plug ,I take it ?
    I am probably ten yrs behind in this ,but it does look like there is loads of choice and alternatives !!

+ Reply to Thread