+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WLM La Scalas followed me home....

I'm Timothy.

Russell, yes there is just that something about the Scala’s that work, I really enjoy them a ton. Which is a tough sell for myself as I really do enjoy my omni speakers, the Duevel so very much. Just a bit different presentation, yet both just incredibly nice to listen to.

The Croft amplifiers work really nicely with both speakers. Strangely(?)even my Naim Nait XS3 seems to sound really good on both speakers as well, maybe not a combo one would normally put together. I have yet to work in my German LinnenberG amplifiers with the WLM yet, something I do plan on getting to do soon.

Keep us posted on the Davone Rays, I really like their looks, probably one that is a bit polarizing, but I find it a nice and different sort of look. Which model are you looking to try, as they changed early on from a Volt coaxial unit I believe, to the separate mid, tweet and bass driver on current design. Have fun!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Russell.

Default WLM La Scalas followed me home....

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Keep us posted on the Davone Rays, I really like their looks, probably one that is a bit polarizing, but I find it a nice and different sort of look. Which model are you looking to try, as they changed early on from a Volt coaxial unit I believe, to the separate mid, tweet and bass driver on current design. Have fun!
    I’ve got an option on some ex demo Ray VSA’s which are the three way ones with updated mid range driver. This was the one just before the new HR (which is out my price bracket at over £5k now).

Just have to wait until we’re out of lockdown before I can arrange home demo etc.

Yes the looks are polarising, a bit like Heco Direkts (Which I also own a pair of the Einklang version) but I absolutely love them. Think they’ll make a real statement alongside my Gato and LP12 also in Walnut finish

I'm Timothy.

Very good, yes will be interested in what you find once things get back to some sort of “normal”!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234