+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Too much time on my hands, now pondering new Speakers.....

I'm Phil.

i was going to suggest those tannoys on pfm but i see you already know about them !
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    i was going to suggest those tannoys on pfm but i see you already know about them !
    The Cheviots??? Yes would love to try them.

Might go and take a listen when the current situation eases (might even have enough saved by then as well!)

Just wonder how big a difference in depth and presence I’d get with the Cheviots over what I’ve got now in the Chesters?

No comments from anyone on the Shahinian Arcs I was also considering?

I'm Timothy.

Idol hands and mind..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OegaW3e01EE If that doesn’t get you moving, better check for a pulse....

Sorry for the dumb ass ads at the start, ugh!
    Last edited by Frazeur1; 29-03-2020 at 18:27.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Timothy.

Russell, I will comment on the Arcs. Great speakers, but not so much with your current amp I wouldn’t think, although they are much easier to drive than Obelisk on up in the range.

I love Shahinian myself, and many Omni types of speakers. If you decide it might be worth pursuing, certainly try to get some play time with various sources and amps before you commit to them, as they are surely a different presentation to your Tannoys mentioned above. Not sure what all else you may have in your arsenal of gear....

Some get on the Shahinian train and never get off, so they certainly can be end game if one so chooses, then again, I guess anything could be! Have fun!
    Last edited by Frazeur1; 29-03-2020 at 18:32.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Steve.

I've had cheviots, I wouldnt put them above the Scalas,IMO.

Scale and clarity. Try heco direkts..if you can live with the looks.

I'm Steve.

Ps, I'll have the Scalas ��

I'm Philip.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Idol hands and mind..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OegaW3e01EE If that doesn’t get you moving, better check for a pulse....

Sorry for the dumb ass ads at the start, ugh!
    I remember (well nearly....) seeing Billy Idol at Download a few years back and was most entertaining

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Russell, I will comment on the Arcs. Great speakers, but not so much with your current amp I wouldn’t think, although they are much easier to drive than Obelisk on up in the range.

I love Shahinian myself, and many Omni types of speakers. If you decide it might be worth pursuing, certainly try to get some play time with various sources and amps before you commit to them, as they are surely a different presentation to your Tannoys mentioned above. Not sure what all else you may have in your arsenal of gear....

Some get on the Shahinian train and never get off, so they certainly can be end game if one so chooses, then again, I guess anything could be! Have fun!
    Thanks for your point of view. As I say, I heard the Arcs with some Dynavector gear but never with valves.

I guess they aren’t a perfcet match for valves so probably better staying with an easier speaker

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourney View Post
    I've had cheviots, I wouldnt put them above the Scalas,IMO.

Scale and clarity. Try heco direkts..if you can live with the looks.

Thanks Steve, interested in your thoughts as I’m pretty sure my La Scala’s were previously yours anyway.

I already have the Heco Einklangs in another system and love them. I’ve also heard Direkts and Dreiklangs and very impressed. I should have jumped at the Direkts that were sale a little while back but he who hesitates and all that.

I love the look too but only in White.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast