+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Too much time on my hands, now pondering new Speakers.....

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post
    Glad to hear you've got the Triangle's up and running and enjoying them so far.

My Antale's were very eager to please and a very lively upfront presentation that I thought best suited my Crayon SS amp I had at the time.

Would have liked to hear them with my MBL but moved them on before I had chance to try.
    I think the EZ version is slightly different, as it is less in your face lively, but seems to have very good tonality. The midrange is sublime. I have not wound the wick up yet, but first impressions are of a very well designed/built speaker.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Adrian.

I don't invite people to my house - job done!!!
    Have you seen these, possibly worth considering https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KEF-Refer...4AAOSw2j5ea5Cz

I used to have a pair and they are very good all round, I used to drive them with an Audio Innovations S500 and they worked very well, I should have kept them, hey-ho. I believe the main thing to check is the internal bass drivers are still ok, if not then bass will be lacking and you hear a rasping. I have been told if the foams have gone that they can be fixed (DIY) but is is a bit of a pig to get the drivers out of the cabinet.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Have you seen these, possibly worth considering https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KEF-Refer...4AAOSw2j5ea5Cz

I used to have a pair and they are very good all round, I used to drive them with an Audio Innovations S500 and they worked very well, I should have kept them, hey-ho. I believe the main thing to check is the internal bass drivers are still ok, if not then bass will be lacking and you hear a rasping. I have been told if the foams have gone that they can be fixed (DIY) but is is a bit of a pig to get the drivers out of the cabinet.
    Thanks Adrian, I'll take a look into them.

I'm Adrian.

Thanks Adrian, I'll take a look into them.
    They look in pretty good nick as well.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Geoff.

It's about taste, certainly, but the Tannoys are not a patch on the Scalas, IMO.

Regarding Shahinian, I think they are wonderful speakers but they all like a bit of current up 'em. They would need a system rethink.

The recommendation of Kef Reference is a really good one and I have yet to hear a pair I didn't like. They are an easy drive too for a wide range of amps.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Russell.

Been thinking about some electrostatics for a bit of a change.

Audio Emotion have some SoundLab Electrostat which have caught my eye but lord knows how they’ll sound with the MBL or even the Almarro.

Anyone get any experience with these so called hybrid electrostatic designs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Richard.

I'm watching this thread with interest....I've also got too much time on my hands obviously! Although I'm happy with PMC TB2+ I can't help thinking about trying some floorstanders. AFAIK the older PMCs are rich, full and detailed and the newer ones leaner and faster and my experience bears that out, I can't help looking at the floorstanders advertised and thinking if they might improve the soundstaging.

I'm not unhappy with the PMcs but I wonder if they are like a half open window and only giving a facsimile of upper and lower registers. Similarly, the longer I listen the more directional and 'there' they seem to be. I thought hard about a pair of Shahinians for sale on one of the forums but the price was too much to gamble on.

I'm Adrian.

Audio Emotion have some SoundLab Electrostat which have caught my eye but lord knows how they’ll sound with the MBL or even the Almarro.

As far as I know electrostatics can be tricky with amp matching so what ever you do try them with your amps, or have them on sale of return, which I doubt Audioemotion will do.

I'm Dave.

An unknown combination like that must be heard before purchase.

I'm Adrian.

Russell, these could be just the ticket, but try them with your amp(s). https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...has-gone-away)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast