+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Too much time on my hands, now pondering new Speakers.....

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Russell, these could be just the ticket, but try them with your amp(s). https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...has-gone-away)
    Thanks for pointing these out but being honest the Quads aren’t for me - mainly aesthetically which I know sounds a little shallow but just being truthful. Speakers like the SoundLabs or Martin Logan would hit the spot so still doing some investigation and waiting to hear from Audio Emotion if their home demo they advertise extends to pre-owned gear.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post
    Thanks for pointing these out but being honest the Quads aren’t for me - mainly aesthetically which I know sounds a little shallow but just being truthful. Speakers like the SoundLabs or Martin Logan would hit the spot so still doing some investigation and waiting to hear from Audio Emotion if their home demo they advertise extends to pre-owned gear.
    I suspect it will be a buy and return job and then only get a voucher to use on something else. I might be wrong.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Russell.

Another one that has intrigued me....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TANNOY-BE...kAAOSwRBpelHKq

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post
    Another one that has intrigued me....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TANNOY-BE...kAAOSwRBpelHKq
    Tannoys seem to be a bit of a Marmite speaker, especially the earlier ones, although many love them. Having said that the Legacy Ardens I had I really liked, the one criticism I could have of them is the mids can be a little warm which may be a concentric trait but I am not certain of this. I moved on from mine for practicality reasons and to keep harmony at home, also I came across a rather lovely pair of Wilson Benesch Vectors, the tick virtually all the boxes for me.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Russell.

Tannoys seem to be a bit of a Marmite speaker, especially the earlier ones, although many love them. Having said that the Legacy Ardens I had I really liked, the one criticism I could have of them is the mids can be a little warm which may be a concentric trait but I am not certain of this. I moved on from mine for practicality reasons and to keep harmony at home, also I came across a rather lovely pair of Wilson Benesch Vectors, the tick virtually all the boxes for me.
    Ah, now you're talking with Wilson Benesch speakers - always fancied a pair myself after hearing some years back (can't remember the model but were well out my price range).

I'm Phil.

got the eaton legacy , very accurate speaker which has a BIG sound . been here for over 2 years now which is some feat really !! used them with about 15 amps ranging from msb , bel canto , silbatone , thrax, sugden, naim, lavardin, firebottle and a few others to extremely good effect
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    got the eaton legacy , very accurate speaker which has a BIG sound . been here for over 2 years now which is some feat really !! used them with about 15 amps ranging from msb , bel canto , silbatone , thrax, sugden, naim, lavardin, firebottle and a few others to extremely good effect
    Thanks Phil - are the Eaton's 10" DC cones? My Chester's have the 10" polymer DC cones and I don't find them deep enough at all. I've got them set up with my Almarro in a small room with a little REL Sub to bolster the bottom end.

Was thinking the size of the 15" cones on those Berkley's might give me all the grunt I could ask for paired with my MBL?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678