+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maybe useful

I'm mick.

Default Maybe useful

Apparently soap is effective against this virus.A tip I learned before doing a dirty job was to rub liquid soap onto dry hands,allowing it to dry,made cleaning them after much easier.Could be just as effective as sanitiser .Hope this is helpful .... Mick
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Shane.

Thanks for sharing.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Andre.

Soap, Sanitiser, Anti Bac hand cleaner etc are all not effective because its a Virus not Bacteria.

Yatsushiro Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Soap, Sanitiser, Anti Bac hand cleaner etc are all not effective because its a Virus not Bacteria.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-disinfectants
    Last edited by struth; 26-03-2020 at 15:51. Reason: edited out argumentitive reply

I'm mick.

It also could provide a physical barrier to cross contamination - or you could maybe take your chances with the virus and use nowt
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Phil.

well put

viruses can be active outside the body for hours, even days. Disinfectants, liquids, wipes, gels and creams containing alcohol are all useful at getting rid of them – but they are not quite as good as normal soap.

So why does soap work so well on the Sars-CoV-2, the coronavirus and indeed most viruses? The short story: because the virus is a self-assembled nanoparticle in which the weakest link is the lipid (fatty) bilayer. Soap dissolves the fat membrane and the virus falls apart like a house of cards and dies – or rather, we should say it becomes inactive as viruses aren’t really alive.

When you cough, or especially when you sneeze, tiny droplets from the airways can fly up to 10 metres. The larger ones are thought to be the main coronavirus carriers and they can go at least two metres.

These tiny droplets end on surfaces and often dry out quickly. But the viruses remain active. Human skin is an ideal surface for a virus. It is “organic” and the proteins and fatty acids in the dead cells on the surface interact with the virus.
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Geoff.

That may suggest that caustic soda solution could be effective, as it breaks down fats and other organic materials. I don't suppose it would need to be all that concentrated either. Probably just as well, it can be nasty stuff if you don't exercise caution. I wouldn't use it on hands obviously, but it might be good on surfaces and utensils.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

I'm largely using Fairy Liquid - it certainly makes short work of the frying pan.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I'm largely using Fairy Liquid - it certainly makes short work of the frying pan.
    "No more Mr Nice Baby".
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    "No more Mr Nice Baby".
    Lock & load Barry, never send a man to do a baby's job!

I've decided that, thanks to my newly imposed austerity (at least until June), that the dishwasher will be enjoying a holiday. Save a bit of electricity and also help with the regular handwashing
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread