+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clive G: RIP

I'm Ked.

Default Clive G: RIP

Hi all, Clive's wife Christina contacted me that Clive G has passed away, and his equipment will have to be sold. Clive was a long standing audiophile and real gentleman, and had been suffering from cancer for a few years.

I had written on his system in a blog after a few visits here. http://zero-distortion.org/schopper-thorens-124/

I know that he still has the Schopper TD 124 (which was preferred by us to his Shindo Garrard, the Audiograil 301 in BobC plinth, and he previously had an SME 30/2 and a Brinkmann Lagrange with Davinci Grandezza and he preferred the Schopper to all). It was the full Schopper shabang that he had got at 9k euro from schopper, with the power supply, and had mounted an FR 64s on it and a Brinkmann 10.5 on a mount made my speedy steve next to it. If the conditions for Covid 19 etc improve I will buy this myself, but in the meantime, if anyone is interested, PM me and I can put you on to Christina

He had a Shindo Giscours preamp with built in phono which I understand is the best in the Shindo line-up. He also had their top monos.

He also had a Kondo SUT, AN IO cart, Esoteric K-10 CD player

He had Tannoys with 15 golds in them, and also red drivers he had up for sale. Not sure if sold the drivers.

He had bought the Radford 100 from montesquieu, and a great collection of LPs, many originals, mostly classical, some Jazz.

When I can get there I will get some pics up, and list in the classifieds section. If anyone else is in contact with Christina here, feel free to help.

I'm Kevin.

Sad news.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm neil.

Very sad - I didn't know him as such but did have communication with him over on PFM

I'm Grant.

Always sad when someone you know dies(i didnt know him myself tho).. Hope his wife and family are ok.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Phil.

sad news , thanks for letting us know kedar
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Robert.

Sad and sorry to hear
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Neil.

Sad news indeed

RIP CliveG

Condolences to his wife, friends and family. God Bless
    Regards Neil

I'm Adam.

Clive was a real gentleman.
    Generous with his knowledge and kit.
    Sad when we lose one of our own from the community.
    Thoughts are with Christina.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Mark.

Ah, very sad. I really enjoyed meeting him when he visited me to buy some ANE’s some years ago. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

I'm David.

Really sorry to hear this. I knew Clive well from working on his Shindo pre, Shindo monoblocks-the most expensive single pieces of kit to go through my workshop-and his Radford STA15. As others have said, Clive was simply a lovely person to know and a perfect client. I'd already had shock news of his possible premature demise last year when a Courier dumped a Radford on my door step last summer and told me that Clive had been rushed to hospital that morning and was not expected to survive.........In fact, it was just a bad reaction to his treatment and he bounced right back!

Please pass on my sincere condolences to Christina and his family. I will remember him fondly and am currently doing work for the new owner of his STA 15 (but on another Radford!) so have another reminder of Clive through that route.
    David

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast