+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DAC options, Chord 2qute, Qutest, Audiolab M-DAC+

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Dan.

Default DAC options, Chord 2qute, Qutest, Audiolab M-DAC+

Hi Everyone.

I currently had a Beresford Caiman SEG that’s been superclocked by Stan and runs for his dorado PSU.

However looking for an upgrade and something more wife friendly (either on all the time or on/off by remote)

So my short list is as follows
    Chord 2qute
    Audiolab M-DAC +

Or I could stretch to a Chord Qutest..

What’s people’s recommendations?

Fed Qobuz by a Bluesound Node over coax.
    Av System: Denon AVR-X4300h receiver - Cambridge Audio CXUHD UHD player - Monitor Audio CP-IW460x Center - Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 rear's - Bk elec Monolith Plus sub - Monitor Audio C265-IDC atmos - Sony TA-n55es amp.

Shared Components: Beresford TC-7240 Switcher - Nord One NC500DM Mk2 - Mordaunt Short Performance 6 front speakers

Hifi System: Rotel RSP-1068 Pre-amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 551P phono pre-amp - Rega RP2 lots of mods - Beresford Caiman SEG(30) & Dorado psu

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Secondhand Mytek Brooklyn. Excellent dac imo, and a real box of tricks.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Secondhand Mytek Brooklyn. Excellent dac imo, and a real box of tricks.
    Too expensive unfortunately, budget is around £500 used or £1000 new.
    Av System: Denon AVR-X4300h receiver - Cambridge Audio CXUHD UHD player - Monitor Audio CP-IW460x Center - Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 rear's - Bk elec Monolith Plus sub - Monitor Audio C265-IDC atmos - Sony TA-n55es amp.

Shared Components: Beresford TC-7240 Switcher - Nord One NC500DM Mk2 - Mordaunt Short Performance 6 front speakers

Hifi System: Rotel RSP-1068 Pre-amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 551P phono pre-amp - Rega RP2 lots of mods - Beresford Caiman SEG(30) & Dorado psu

I'm Pete.

Have got a Chord hugo 2 spare at mo still got 18 months warranty was hoping for 1200 for it but might drop a bit.

I'm Alan.

Topping D70 or D90. D70 owners are extremely pleased with theirs.

I have ordered a D90 and can report back when I have it.

I'm Paul.

RME ADI-2 Dac. In my case, a worthwhile upgrade from the SEG. But not earth-shattering. You might reasonably decide that the SEG is good enough.
    khozmo passive pre/nytech ca252/cxa252 amps, arc 101 speakers
    vinyl: --- lp12/kore/lingo4/ekos2/dv 10x5/gs accession
    digital: --- caiman SEG/allo digione, synology nas, rotel 965 cd

Why not get your SEG upgraded with the latest mods from me first? You'll be amazed how big the improvement would be. See the various threads about those mods in the Beresford Banter section.

I'm Gwyn.

The Denafrips Ares has transformed my digital playback.
    I said "I'M A LITTLE DEAF"

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Why not get your SEG upgraded with the latest mods from me first? You'll be amazed how big the improvement would be. See the various threads about those mods in the Beresford Banter section.

Hi Stan, its not that the DAC isn't performing, is very good especially with the super clock mods, however the problem is my wife doesn't what to have to turn on the power supply wait for it to charge and then turn on the dac, she wants it all to work from the Logitech harmony remote. if it wasn't for that I'd be keeping it.

I'm manny.

Denafrips ares ..

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast