+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DAC options, Chord 2qute, Qutest, Audiolab M-DAC+

I'm Dan.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.
    Av System: Denon AVR-X4300h receiver - Cambridge Audio CXUHD UHD player - Monitor Audio CP-IW460x Center - Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 rear's - Bk elec Monolith Plus sub - Monitor Audio C265-IDC atmos - Sony TA-n55es amp.

Shared Components: Beresford TC-7240 Switcher - Nord One NC500DM Mk2 - Mordaunt Short Performance 6 front speakers

Hifi System: Rotel RSP-1068 Pre-amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 551P phono pre-amp - Rega RP2 lots of mods - Beresford Caiman SEG(30) & Dorado psu

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Why not get your SEG upgraded with the latest mods from me first? You'll be amazed how big the improvement would be. See the various threads about those mods in the Beresford Banter section.

Hi Stan, its not that the DAC isn't performing, is very good especially with the super clock mods, however the problem is my wife doesn't what to have to turn on the power supply wait for it to charge and then turn on the dac, she wants it all to work from the Logitech harmony remote. if it wasn't for that I'd be keeping it.
    Av System: Denon AVR-X4300h receiver - Cambridge Audio CXUHD UHD player - Monitor Audio CP-IW460x Center - Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 rear's - Bk elec Monolith Plus sub - Monitor Audio C265-IDC atmos - Sony TA-n55es amp.

Shared Components: Beresford TC-7240 Switcher - Nord One NC500DM Mk2 - Mordaunt Short Performance 6 front speakers

Hifi System: Rotel RSP-1068 Pre-amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 551P phono pre-amp - Rega RP2 lots of mods - Beresford Caiman SEG(30) & Dorado psu

I'm Eamonn.

Used to own the Audiolab M DAC+ which is a very good piece of kit, but find the RME ADI2 better and at a reasonable price.
    Mac
    Accuphase C2420 pre P4200 poweramp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Sonos Connect, Innuous ZENith MKIII, RME ADI2, Harbeth 40th anniversary SHL5 Plus

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I've had a few Dacs, Beresford, Chord Hugo and an Audio Note Dac 1.1x Signature.... by far the best was the Audio Note

I found the Beresford so so and the Hugo was just so annoying to use but the AN was lovely... I owned the AN for years and I'd still own it if I didn't have the 383....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12