+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATC 100 crossover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Jesper.

Default ATC 100 crossover

Hi fellow Sound lovers

I’m in the process of upgrading a set of ATC SCM 100 clones Bass & midrange are ATC, with a RSS HEIL amt-1 tweeter

My dilemma is that the old crossover is some guys mix of ok to low quality parts, an not modeled after an original ATC 100 crossover

I’m hopping that someone has the schematic for the ATC 100 crossover

The one I can find online, is the Wilsom audio version
    From the pics of my ATC SCM 100 crossovers I can see that they don’t match 100%
    There is a 33 Ohm resistor in my original crossover, that’s not on the wilsom filter + I don’t trust the Wilsom filters values on the coils....

I’m really hoping that there is a kind soul in here with the real values
    As I’d like not to have to disassemble my ATC’s

I'm Jesper.

And if there is anyone whom has some tips/tricks etc to a good crossover for the RSS HEIL 3.9 Ohm tweeter
    I’d love some help there to ��

I'm James.

Why are you using an AMT and expecting the original ATC crossover to work? It won't. Good luck with your project anyway, you'll get more help on DIYAudio, and tougher questions...

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Andre.

Seen a picture of one of those ATC 100 crossovers, Talk about massive.

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlys View Post
    Hi fellow Sound lovers

I’m in the process of upgrading a set of ATC SCM 100 clones Bass & midrange are ATC, with a RSS HEIL amt-1 tweeter

My dilemma is that the old crossover is some guys mix of ok to low quality parts, an not modeled after an original ATC 100 crossover

I’m hopping that someone has the schematic for the ATC 100 crossover

The one I can find online, is the Wilsom audio version
    From the pics of my ATC SCM 100 crossovers I can see that they don’t match 100%
    There is a 33 Ohm resistor in my original crossover, that’s not on the wilsom filter + I don’t trust the Wilsom filters values on the coils....

I’m really hoping that there is a kind soul in here with the real values
    As I’d like not to have to disassemble my ATC’s
    I presume that you mean Wilmslow when you say Wilsom.

They sold ATC kits but only with the lower spec mid, less sensitive and smaller magnet.
    I doubt that ATC would provide the circuit.

Did you mean ESS when you wrote RSS? ie the 'Great Heil'?

My reason for getting rid of my 100SLs was that they lacked the air of the ESS Heil, and they were my 4th pair of ATCs.

I'm Jesper.

Hi guys

My interest in the ATC crossover is only the bass and mids! As I LOVE the ATC bass and mids

The combination of ess heil and ATC is not my creation, I simply brought them as I’m A= a big kid & B= love to play with this tweeter & finally C= it was cheap enough to make sense

I’ll have to brew a filter for the ess Heil tweeter to incorporate it to the ATC’s - in its current state, it only has a variable resister

And yes I meant Wilmslow, sorry - and I too don’t think ATC will help me out with there crossover spec’s, my main reason for this post....
    Last edited by Nordlys; 26-03-2020 at 04:23.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlys View Post
    Hi guys

My interest in the ATC crossover is only the bass and mids! As I LOVE the ATC bass and mids

The combination of ess heil and ATC is not my creation, I simply brought them as I’m A= a big kid & B= love to play with this tweeter & finally C= it was cheap enough to make sense

I’ll have to brew a filter for the ess Heil tweeter to incorporate it to the ATC’s - in its current state, it only has a variable resister

And yes I meant Wilmslow, sorry - and I too don’t think ATC will help me out with there crossover spec’s, my main reason for this post....
    Fair enough
    Please excuse the slightly tetchy tone in my earlier response, it seemed a bizarre thing on the face of it, but that was down to my ignorance of the fan base it clearly already has.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Jesper.

I’d love to post pictures

But I have no desire to upload pictures of my gear to some service, “photo pocket” ore what ever
    All other forums, eBay etc I can simply drag and drop pictures from, say my iPad without having to save the images online
    Any way to post directly from ones devices?

Bare with me one this one, it’s only the 2 time I need to post pictures & the first time was a while ago
    Last edited by Nordlys; 27-03-2020 at 03:15.

I'm Alan.

This any good:

I'm Geoff.

The treble filter shown is relatively simple and offers 12 db/oct roll-in. I believe the Heil tweeter is normally used with an 18 db/oct fiter, although you are bringing it into play at higher frequencies, so could get away with it as long as huge amounts of power are not used. You can play with the resistor values to adjust output.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast