+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Cartridge Man MusicMaster

I'm Kevin.

Default The Cartridge Man MusicMaster

Does anybody use one?
    Is it a significant step up from a Classic?

I like what I hear from the Classic I bought, and it has made me wonder if the upgrade is worth the additional cost?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mike.

It's a big chunk of money, if it was me i'd definitely want to hear it first preferably on my system, i use the Audio Technica Art9 and haven't heard anything i'd trade for it yet, although when funds allow i wouldn't mind getting an Art1000

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Kevin.

The ART-9 is on my list of nice to haves.
    I am wondering if keeping the Classic as a Classic, and adding an ART-9 is the most sensible option.

The ART-1000 is a little above what I feel happy spending on a cartridge.
    Kevin

I'm Adam.

I had both the Classic and the Music Master LE
    They obviously are both very very good..
    I think the Music Master gives more refinement, is it worth the extra lay out..
    That’s a matter of opinion obv.
    Although they are utterly great cartridges I feel they lack flesh through the ranges when compared to a top MC and a good Step Up.

If I put my neck on the line, I’d say no I wouldn’t lay out that amount again on a Moving magnet/ iron. But when not comparing with top MCs, one could live comfortably with with Classic or Master.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    The ART-1000 is a little above what I feel happy spending on a cartridge.
    Normally it would be for me too, but luckily the company i work for have an account with Audio Technica so i get a nice discount

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    I had both the Classic and the Music Master LE
    They obviously are both very very good..
    I think the Music Master gives more refinement, is it worth the extra lay out..
    That’s a matter of opinion obv.
    Although they are utterly great cartridges I feel they lack flesh through the ranges when compared to a top MC and a good Step Up.

If I put my neck on the line, I’d say no I wouldn’t lay out that amount again on a Moving magnet/ iron. But when not comparing with top MCs, one could live comfortably with with Classic or Master.
    Thanks for the feedback Adam. I won’t be going for a top MC, as I am looking at spending about £1k. No plans for a SUT either, as I have an MC phono stage.

Ideally, I would want to hear the options in my system before making a decision.
    Kevin

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Adam. I won’t be going for a top MC, as I am looking at spending about £1k. No plans for a SUT either, as I have an MC phono stage.

Ideally, I would want to hear the options in my system before making a decision.
    Yes this is always the conundrum buying kit.
    Cartridge performance is very dependent on phono stage, tomearm and turntable
    So hard to buy blind.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

+ Reply to Thread