Designed by the legendary John Curl, a high end amplifier at a real world price. Performing at a level well above its price point, I bought this new about 3 years ago when I was building loudspeakers and needed a power amp that would drive anything. It even drove Apogee ribbons with aplomb. And with 250 watts into 8 ohms , 400 watts into 4 ohms, and the ability to drive down to 2 ohms (with reduced power) I never found anything it couldn't handle. It runs in class A up to about 10 watts, which is where most listening is done, and has detail in spades. It also has sensitivity controls on the back, which I found useful as balance controls, as my room makes every speaker seem louder on the left!
The only reason I am selling it is because I now have Quad 2805 electrostatic speakers and want a lower powered valve amp. This amp drives then with no problem, but it's overkill for my needs. This cost me £2600 new, and I thought it was a bargain at that.

Plenty of reviews online. http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...reo-amplifier/

I'm asking £1,600.

It looks like new, and comes with the original double box. See Parasound's website for more details. It weighs about 60 lbs, so local pickup would be preferred, but I am in Plymouth. Postage would be at cost, depending on if you want it insured. Buyer's risk, if not.

It's hard to photo well with a phone camera, being black!