+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: A rather special Radford STA25

I'm Ian.

Default For Sale: A rather special Radford STA25

This Radford has had a full rebuild by Will at Radford Revival whilst retaining the original transformers. Photos showing the work in progress and completed as taken by Will along the way can be seen in the link at the foot of this ad. The craftsmanship is simply stunning and this amp looks and sounds as you would expect. I see this Radford as being the perfect blend that sits between a restored original and one of his fine Series 5 amps.

I’ve replaced the signal valves with well measured clear print Mullards (not shown in the photos) from Mullard Magic, a supplier I trust completely. I have the receipts for the rebuild and Mullards (£750 and £100 respectively). I also have a print of biasing instructions and will include a voltmeter (that needs a new battery, I'll see if I can find one !). This is a pretty simple process.

I’m going to go for collection only in the first instance though it’s currently housed in a very sturdy plastic packing box with fitted lid and sat on polystyrene. I could buy some packing chips and an outer box for postage but let’s see if a collection sale happens first.

I’m 8 miles east of Nottingham.

Price: £1700 firm.

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...d-for-customer

Cheers, and keep healthy and happy

Last edited by IHP; 22-03-2020 at 14:18.

I'm Martin.

You need to show the photos in your ad, Ian. Linking is not sufficient.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm jamie.

lovely amp.you'd better get some photos up as the ad will be deleted without them.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

added 2 pics for you as they were handy..
    only as i fancy it, but better keep my cash for my funeral for now.
    super amp
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    added 2 pics for you as they were handy..
    only as i fancy it, but better keep my cash for my funeral for now.
    super amp
    That's very kind, thank you Grant. And please try and be a little more optimistic and keep well ;-)

I'm Greg.

Ian, that looks even better than my old one - and that was a beauty! Everyone should really have one of these in their system, and an extra one under the bed too
    Analogue: Thorens TD 124/II - SME M2-9R - Ortofon SPU Wood A - Sculpture A Mini Nano
    Digital: Roon Nucleus - Limetree Network
    Amplifier: Naim NAIT 50
    Speakers: TBC

I'm Andre.

Loverly

I'm julian.

Hi Ian,
    Looks lovely, what are the differences between this and a new Revival 5 - i know this is a subjective question, but also in terms of sound. Also what's the lowest speaker sensitivity they happily run with ?
    kind regards,
    J
    PS Audio Directstream DAC, modified Dennon DVD player, SP10, Trans Fi linear tracker, Stack audio streamer
    1980's Aloia 6L6 prototype, Cat's Whiskers Autum Leaves 300 B mono blocks, Definative Audio modded Rogue 88 Magmum 6550. Firebottle LDR battery pre. Classe 103, Herron VT2
    RFC Tannoy Cheviot's,Wilmslow Audio modified Chario Academy Millenium II's,Frankenstein DIY's, Oris Onken horns, Fostek full range drivers
    Ripnas etc

I'm Ian.

Hi Joolz,

I could be flippant and say £1200

The fundamental difference is that the transformers are tested originals and Will uses new production (and lovely they are too). The casework to this one has been restored though I couldn't honestly say whether the top case in a new one or not. Also this has some lovely original Mullard signal valves on it. I couldn't offer you a view on sound in comparison to the Series 5, sorry ! It drives my 83db Harbeth P3ESR with utter ease though these are said to have an easy load. Anecdotally I've heard it said on forums that these will drive anything but I'd only wish to offer evidenced advice rather than mislead.

If anyone reading this could usefully chip in I'd welcome that with thanks. If you wish to start a thread asking further that might be worth a shot ?

Sorry to be of limited response but as I say, I don't want to mislead anyone into a sale. Hope you understand ! Cheers, Ian.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast