+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Prima Luna Findings and Questions

I'm Mike.

Now i'm no expert on tube amps but in the videos Kevin does say the reason apart from the adaptive biasing why Prima Lunas can work with a range of tubes is that they run at a lower voltage than others, like i said i'm no expert and their amps do sound nice.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Andrew.

I've tried many different power and input valves with the Dialogue Premium, so happy to answer detailed questions but first, just one or two brief comments. First, every time you change power valve type, you need to try 4 and 8 Ohm taps again. With my speaker, EL34s only really worked on the 4 Ohm tap. KT120s work best on the 8 Ohm tap, and KT88 is a tricky decision between them. Gold Lion KT88 are probably the best compromise between grip and mid-range richness. However I did borrow some KT77s recently and on a very brief listen I was very impressed. KT120s do have the most grip and extension, but I think the mid-range performance will be a bit speaker dependent. They are excellent, but can be liable to a little upper mid-range hardness in the wrong context.

I'm Mike.

There is also a switch on the later PL amps to tell it which valve you're using
    Last edited by mikeyb; 28-03-2020 at 20:41.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234