+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AudioQuest NRG Y3

I'm Veiko.

Default AudioQuest NRG Y3

Hello

Just today I introduced this AQ powercable to my system, replacing the default cord
    of Onkyo A-9130 stereo amplifier.

I was not expecting anything, perhaps only to gain a few decibells.
    For that reason I measured the volume with both cords, and indeed the average climbed up from 25,7 - to 29,6 DB.

But that's not the result I am feeling most happy about.

The overall performance became better. For first, I hear a lot of new detail in music, in familiar songs.
    That is a very good way to evaluate changes - all over sudden I go: Oh! I never heard THIS here before!

The music seams more detailed, less noise, and makes a lot more sense. It is more pleasant. Easier to listen,
    it is more interesting and can I say, more accessible. All that, or otherwise - I must be crazy.
    So definitely, not regretting and would recommend.

I'm bob.

Well done!

Very brave to post this on a website, and to say that a power cable has improved the detail in what you hear.

My own findings are very similar so although the cables involved are not the same as your Audioquest I agree that the power cable can make a significant difference to the overall presentation and detail heard. For me that also extends to source equipment too.

I said 'very brave' because when I have posted this type of comment before, the thread has become a hot bed for those who say that different cables cannot make a difference. Let us hope that the AOS site will not be the same because there is the possibility of some insulting replies. Keep heading in your own direction with your system because if it sounds better there can be no better justification for making the change.

I'm Lawrence.

I remember changing a power cable once on an amp and the cymbals in particular became rather "splashy" and indistinct, to the extent I couldn't listen to it. It went away when I put the first cable back in straight after. It was night and day and I just feel mild amusement at, and perhaps a little pity for, anyone who says it can't make a difference, rather like when my 4yo son says something silly.

(Not those who say they can't hear it, I never criticise anyone for that, just those who say it can't be there when I can clearly hear it is.)
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 20-03-2020 at 23:45.

I'm Veiko.

Thanks a lot.
    I guess the "stars aligned" at this case.
    I certainly will not claim this happens all the time.
    But I certainly will get the same cord for my source.

I'm Veiko.

So today I also substituted the default power-cord of my source with NRG Y3.
    And also, quite contrary to my expectations, it had a noteworthy effect.
    The sound is less muddy, more clear and bright. I like my system more and more.
    Now this advancement gives me at least couple months of peace, which is a good time
    to collect money for the next step, which will be Denafrips Ares II DAC.
    I would like to be surprised again.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I remember changing a power cable once on an amp and the cymbals in particular became rather "splashy" and indistinct, to the extent I couldn't listen to it. It went away when I put the first cable back in straight after. It was night and day and I just feel mild amusement at, and perhaps a little pity for, anyone who says it can't make a difference, rather like when my 4yo son says something silly.

(Not those who say they can't hear it, I never criticise anyone for that, just those who say it can't be there when I can clearly hear it is.)
    I used to have a taxi place just down the road from me,a kimber power cable on my CD player was a far bigger jump than going from a arcam cd7 to a cd9,i used to love swapping them just to show the difference to people,since we had a rewire and the taxi office closed there’s very little difference,if any.
    Cambridge audio cxc,CCA Spotify premium
    Beresford seg,dorado,supercap and clock mods
    Dcb1 750ma pre
    Quad QSP power
    Monitor Audio silver 8i
    Kimber powerkords,4vs speaker cable,pbj and Klotz mc5000 interconnects.

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansiiro View Post
    Hello

Just today I introduced this AQ powercable to my system, replacing the default cord
    of Onkyo A-9130 stereo amplifier.

I was not expecting anything, perhaps only to gain a few decibells.
    For that reason I measured the volume with both cords, and indeed the average climbed up from 25,7 - to 29,6 DB.

But that's not the result I am feeling most happy about.

The overall performance became better. For first, I hear a lot of new detail in music, in familiar songs.
    That is a very good way to evaluate changes - all over sudden I go: Oh! I never heard THIS here before!

The music seams more detailed, less noise, and makes a lot more sense. It is more pleasant. Easier to listen,
    it is more interesting and can I say, more accessible. All that, or otherwise - I must be crazy.
    So definitely, not regretting and would recommend.
    Are you sure about the level change? It seems most unlikely, did you control for other confounding variables?

I'm Phil.

yes i use quite a few of these they really grip the iec socket and give a good connection . bought a few at a decent price at bristol show
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Veiko.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Are you sure about the level change? It seems most unlikely, did you control for other confounding variables?

I changed nothing but the cord. I measured it with my mobile phone, from 2 meters away.
    I might have moved it 2 cm on the surface where it was. May be one day I will repeat the test, but not now.

+ Reply to Thread