+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Phono/RCA Plug Recommendations

I'm Martin.

Saw it somewhere on Keith Louis Eichmann's site Geoff but can't seem to find it now, I'll keep looking. May well be a spurious claim, if so, apologies for the mislead.

Seems I may well have inadvertantly bought into some spiel oops, but I truly believe they are better than the solid pin variants. OP edited!!
    Last edited by Hudz; 23-03-2020 at 10:38.
    We are the love we leave behind.

I'm Geoff.

Something more reliable than forum trends or manufacturer blurb would be of interest Martin. As with most things, plug/connector choices seem led by fashion.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Indeed, but time and again against some popular branded plugs in genuine blind listening tests on my own gear with my own ears they come out on top in terms of transparency. Which to me is the most important aspect of hifi reproduction.

It obviously goes without saying that YMMV.
    We are the love we leave behind.

I'm Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudz View Post
    These are my and many others on here go to choice

Tried these as replacements on many a bought cable, always found an improvement, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Line...0AAOSwNFFa5n8z

Obviously a copy of the KLE plugs at a fraction of the price, there are also pure silver ones if you are feeling a bit spendy https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4N-pure-S...gAAOSwXeJXc2Xv

Lack of a metal body( alleged reduction in eddy currents) and a hollow centre pin seems to be the way forward for rca plugs, great for digital coax cables too.
    I’m just getting into the make-your-own-interconnects game and have been surprised by the price of some RCA plugs, so these KLE replicas look ideal. I’ve ordered some anyway, so we’ll see! Thanks for sharing the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Paul.

Thanks for all the replies

In the end I went with these, well made and a perfect match to the Van Damme Shotgun Cable I use

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163915903131

A good prices as well as I needed about 30 to do full set of interconnects, my OCD does not allow different cable and plugs, even if no one can see behind my setup, I would know they are there waiting to play their mind games.

Paul
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Gary.

Look really well made, I like these.

Quote Originally Posted by mayebaza View Post
    is the internals

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Martin.

I like the look of these too. Might get some for phono stage loading plugs, piece of cake to swap and change resistors......

I'm Alex.

I have been using Switchcraft RCA's for years. If there are good enough for Shindo, who am I to argue....
    They are cheap and reliable

I'm Alex.

I have always used the Neutrik PROFI RCA connectors, easy to solder and have a decent cable grip.

I'm Barrington.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Barrington..That seller seems to use the word 'Genuine' a lot
    Hmmm🤔 sounds like code for an OEM for a famous futuristic brand name.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast