+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Nova Fidelity X40 Steamer / Pre Amp

I'm Russell.

Default FS: Nova Fidelity X40 Steamer / Pre Amp

Selling my wonderful Nova Fidelity X40 Streamer as it’s now surplus to requirements.

I bought it (used) early last year to rip my CD collection ahead of my house move to avoid taking them with me which it did admirably to it’s internal 2TB HDD.

I’ve now backed up that library to my Mac so might accidentally forgot to erase the hard disk of the 6000 or so FLAC tracks currently on there if the new owner is interested….

This is a fantastic bit of kit (known as Cocktail Audio in the US) which can be used as Streamer (Tidal, Napster Qobuz native incorporated) Pre Amp, Phono Stage (really really good MM stage), external DAC (again well regarded ES9018K2M Sabre Reference chip), CD Player etc - this is a fantastic one stop shop.

Comes with remote control and power lead but no original box or manual (can easily download off web or I can send via email etc) but will be well packaged for delivery but would obviously prefer collection from Conington Cambridgeshire so new owner can see / hear it in all its finery.

A couple of marks as I've tried to illustrate in the images (scratch to top case, mark above CD opening and on the volume knob)

Looking for £650 which is a good deal less than I paid and may also come with some added tunes if I **forget** to wipe the hard drive. Might also consider doing a deal with my TCI XLR leads I’m selling as this beauty uses balanced outputs. This price is for collection / delivery (depending on proximity) only but will consider posting at buyers cost / responsibility which we can discuss.

Last edited by Weeman1973; 18-03-2020 at 21:53.

I'm Jonathan.

hi, do you know if this model is roon ready?

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Longmanjon View Post
    Hi,

I don't think the '0' series (anything ending in a Zero) is.

I think think this only came in on the '5' series (anything ending a in a Five so X15, X35, X45 etc.)

I'm Russell.

Hi,

I don't think the '0' series (anything ending in a Zero) is.

I think think this only came in on the '5' series (anything ending a in a Five so X15, X35, X45 etc.)

I'm Jonathan.

i wasnt sure as the x50 is supported, but couldnt find any confirmation on this one

I'm Russell.

i wasnt sure as the x50 is supported, but couldnt find any confirmation on this one
    Yes a bit bizarre I know the way that NF / Cocktail name their gear.

As far as I know, the X15 replaced X10, X35 replaced X30 etc. with the new top of the line being X50.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post
    Selling my wonderful Nova Fidelity X40 Streamer as it’s now surplus to requirements.

I bought it (used) early last year to rip my CD collection ahead of my house move to avoid taking them with me which it did admirably to it’s internal 2TB HDD.

I’ve now backed up that library to my Mac so might accidentally forgot to erase the hard disk of the 6000 or so FLAC tracks currently on there if the new owner is interested….

This is a fantastic bit of kit (known as Cocktail Audio in the US) which can be used as Streamer (Tidal, Napster Qobuz native incorporated) Pre Amp, Phono Stage (really really good MM stage), external DAC (again well regarded ES9018K2M Sabre Reference chip), CD Player etc - this is a fantastic one stop shop.

Comes with remote control and power lead but no original box or manual (can easily download off web or I can send via email etc) but will be well packaged for delivery but would obviously prefer collection from Conington Cambridgeshire so new owner can see / hear it in all its finery.

A couple of marks as I've tried to illustrate in the images (scratch to top case, mark above CD opening and on the volume knob)

Looking for £650 which is a good deal less than I paid and may also come with some added tunes if I **forget** to wipe the hard drive. Might also consider doing a deal with my TCI XLR leads I’m selling as this beauty uses balanced outputs. This price is for collection / delivery (depending on proximity) only but will consider posting at buyers cost / responsibility which we can discuss.

Really good but of kit this, I have one,really easy to access your files via the web interface, I find this works better than the apps, glws
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Russell.

Sunday bump.

Buy this now before the inevitable lockdown that’s coming and enjoy your time at home with Hifi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Richie.

what's the phono stage like?

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by martian sunrise View Post
    what's the phono stage like?
    I really liked it - thought it was better than my Schiit Mani which I was using at the time with a Nagaoka MP110 so moved the Schiit to my other system.

It's a really neat solution with everything you could ask for in one box, all of high quality.

Great reviews on line.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast