+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOS Mullard Buying advice

I'm Alfie.

Default NOS Mullard Buying advice

Hi. Sorry if this question has been asked a dozen times. I need a NOS Mullard CV4004 to try in my Croft and I can’t find any suppliers outside of eBay. Within eBay I have no idea which one to go for. If there is any variation I’m after the darkest sounding variation with most rolled off highs.

Any advice on where to source for not crazy money?

Thanks

I'm James.

Sorry to answer you like this but 'you pays yer money and you takes yer choice'.
    It's 100% pot luck on the 'bay for premium valves.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Genuine NOS valves will come in their original packaging. But beware there are an awful lot of counterfeits out there, including the packaging.
    Barry

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    Sorry to answer you like this but 'you pays yer money and you takes yer choice'.
    It's 100% pot luck on the 'bay for premium valves.

+1

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Alfie.

I was rather hoping someone might know of somebody outside of eBay I could do business with. Someone who is trustworthy and might let me try before I buy. That’s the dream anyway!

I'm James.

Have you tried Langrex and Billington yet? Phone them up, don't use their ebay portal.
    After that I'd try Edicron and also on the off chance Mullard Magic who doesn't have NOS but tests properly. There is also Lawrence in Hong Kong, can't remember his trading name.

They are around but apart from one that sold on AoS a few months ago for peanuts (damn, missed it) most hang on to them, they are really that good. Worth the hunt! If you find a tranche please let me know

I'm James.

Try before you buy with NOS CV4004. You're having a laff right?

I'm Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by beadlesabout View Post
    I was rather hoping someone might know of somebody outside of eBay I could do business with. Someone who is trustworthy and might let me try before I buy. That’s the dream anyway!

NOS try before you buy? Keep dreaming indeed

I'm inthescottishmafia.

How can you try NOS? If you did they wouldn't be NOS anymore lol.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

For future refrence,
    I have small stocks of NOS Mullards, including; ECC83, most variants, including CV4004, M8137, ECC81, CV4024, ECC82, M8136,ECC88, EL84, EL34, GZ34, EL37, etc,etc.
    I also have many other types of old stock valves in stock, including preamp valves, rectifiers, and power valves.
    The term "silly money" and the amount that this equates to will be determined by each individual i guess, all the valves i supply are genuine NOS, and usualy come in the original box, unless otherwise stated!
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast