+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FM Aerial choice

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonky View Post
    "If it's attached or close to anything it affects the impedance."

Does the material matter - ie is mounting the dipole on wood better than say, stone work?

Thanks,
    Yes better to mount on wood than stone work. Stone, as opposed to brick, can attenuate higher frequencies such as Wi-fi particularly though not such a problem at VHF.
    Best to get it out in the open.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Yes better to mount on wood than stone work. Stone, as opposed to brick, can attenuate higher frequencies such as Wi-fi particularly though not such a problem at VHF.
    Best to get it out in the open.
    Thanks Alan

I'm Dennis.

There has been a long debate about the quality of FM on another forum, and the quality is thought to be limited very much by the use of Optimod, and that most tuners far exceed the inherent quality of FM.

I'm Mike.

I really don't know as I've neither facilities to get internet radio to my kit nor the interest in so doing. If 'Music Planet', 'J to Z' and Jazz Requests (variable, of course) on R3 can sound live and thrilling in my sitting room from a lowly tuner (or an 01 previously), that's quite enough for me.

If I now had what I used to have; instant music at the push of a mute button (Naim, 24/7 powered), I'd also tune into a lot more R3 classical and indeed, Classic FM, which has improved s.q.-wise over the past few years (or maybe it's my pre?). I miss that, but firing everything up redefines and reduces my listening sessions somewhat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12