+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Arm for 1210?

I'm Nat.

Default New Arm for 1210?

Last year when downsizng I was offered an excellent deal on a modded 1210 from a forum member. I hadn't planned on spending that much but it really was a deal that couldn't be refused, it came with a fully modded Audio Origami RB300 which to my ears sounds very good I am though a bit of a serial swapper and so have been wondering if I can improve upon it.

Money as always ia an issue and the RB300 would need to be sold to buy a new arm but I could also add £100 - 200 to it so my question is what arm would offer a big enough improvement over the 300 to warrant the hastle involved. I'm currently using an AT 150EA cart and aside from perhaps a stylus upgrade am very happy with it.

I'm phil.

I used a hadcock which was really good, l think someone on here is using it on a techie still, I preferred the rb300 to the jelco, wasn’t over struck on the sme ( different story on a td160) but plenty like them on the techie, any of the funk arms seem to work well on it too, I’ve heard the fx and the adapted techie arm which was really good
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Nat.

Thanks MB I am still very happy with this RB300 and thinking about it in my price bracket I think the only arm I’d really like to try is a Roksan Nima. I’m not sure the Jelco’s in this price range would offer much of an upgrade but the hadcock does sound interesting as does a Mission Unipivot.
    Last edited by Natara; 22-03-2020 at 19:57.

+ Reply to Thread