+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice/Opinions sought - DAC/Streamer choice

I'm Grant.

roon does multi endpoint
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

I should add regarding my comments about the software associated with the Marantz NA-7004. That was one of their first streaming solutions Marantz offered and at that time the software was very poor. The browser interface could have been written by a fourteen year old. I have not used the current Marantz software (the new software would working with the NA-7004), and I can well believe that it has greatly improved.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    roon does multi endpoint
    I think if I was starting from scratch now, Roon would probably be the way I'd go.
    Rob.

I'm Rob.

This is interesting - something else to consider

Rob.

I'm Gary.

The MusicCast software works faultlessly for me, no issues, I guess people only report failures, not commendations.

Oh, and it’s very easy to get up and running.

I agree it’s the software that makes or breaks a system.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Twisted.

Hi Martyn

I have a Pi + IQ Audio knocking about with nothing to do. If you wanted to try it out (no cost) drop me a line and I'll pop it in the post to you. You'll just need a 5v PSU to power it up (I might have one somewhere but I tend to use Linear PSUs). It'd give you an opportunity to see whether the pi approach is suitable from a usability perspective, as the process is essentially the same for any Hiberry/Allo etc type solution.

Simon
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmore View Post
    Hi Martyn

I have a Pi + IQ Audio knocking about with nothing to do. If you wanted to try it out (no cost) drop me a line and I'll pop it in the post to you. You'll just need a 5v PSU to power it up (I might have one somewhere but I tend to use Linear PSUs). It'd give you an opportunity to see whether the pi approach is suitable from a usability perspective, as the process is essentially the same for any Hiberry/Allo etc type solution.

Simon
    Simon,

That's an amazingly generous offer, guessing I'd be an idiot to reject it.

As I'm away on Sunday for a week (France) there's certainly no rush, if you message me bank details I'll pay the postage.

Many many thanks

Martyn

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

I'm Twisted.

No problem Martyn. Little acts of kindness make everyone feel good. I've got your PM and will pop it in the post today.

Simon
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Poldark View Post
    Simon,

That's an amazingly generous offer, guessing I'd be an idiot to reject it.

As I'm away on Sunday for a week (France) there's certainly no rush, if you message me bank details I'll pay the postage.

Many many thanks

Martyn

Good luck getting home

I'm Martyn.

OK made it back safely and thanks to amazing generosity of another forum member I'm now an RPi officienado.

I will shortly pull the plug in an RPi with Digi HAT, I'd appreciate any opinions on the two HATs I'm about to choose between for my initial foray.

Just Boom Digi HAT
    or
    IQ AudIO Pi-Digi +

Both £30 and appear to my untrained eye to have pretty much identical specs, guess at this low-end price they'll perform identically, but thought I'd ask in case I'm missing something?

There's more coverage on the Just Boom, but I'd probably buy British if all else is equal?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast