+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My experience cleaning a Stylus

I'm Steve.

I had my Benz Wood SL retipped years ago and it was returned with some of that blue putty which I used frequently. Unfortunately after a little over a year the tip fell off. It may be in the putty.

That carbon brush idea sounds good so will try it as the static drives me mad.
    Thorens TD550, Ortofon 12", Ortofon Jubilee or Koetsu Black; Rothwell MCL SUT, VTL 2.5 pre, XTC POW 1 power; Naim CD5x; KEF Reference 3.2's; Van den Hul interconnects and speaker cables.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Slawts View Post
    I had my Benz Wood SL retipped years ago and it was returned with some of that blue putty which I used frequently. Unfortunately after a little over a year the tip fell off. It may be in the putty.
    ESCo (if it was them) only use glue, to my knowledge. However, Benz themselves only use glue. Twice; once for aligning and secondly for fixing. A glued stylus is less robust than a crimped or socketed one.

I'm Timothy.

I just give mine a little flick with my finger, knocks stuff right off....
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234