I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Some reading here. I guess the same applies

http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/w...urs-trees.html
    Some useful stuff here, thanks.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    you may not be able to claim on your house insurance , but you may have legal cover with that insurance . claiming on that might be an option for legal help
    Unfortunately I cannot make use of the buildings cover or any legal cover that might come with it.
    Spendorman

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    HiViz waistcoat, hard hat, power saw and get out there and cut it down, people will think they saw the council do it

Oh and a clipboard and smartphone to take photos before and after, that’s the Council way
    But you can't do it alone - to really look like council you'll need four of your friends similarly attired, stood there watching you
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Dont forget to get three of your mates dressed the same just leaning on a shovel watching you work. 100% Convincing council job then.. & most important have a 3 hour dinner break
    Damn, sorry about that Andre, just seen your post - great minds and all that...

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

One thing that has been forgotten is the risk assessment that needs to be done before the job even starts. That would probably be contracted out, so charge yourself - and you can just pull a figure out of the air for this sort of thing, the council will sign off the receipt without a second glance - 2 grand let's say.

You just need to show up at the potential site, tick a few boxes on a check sheet and write a comment that makes it look like you did something. 'Parked vehicles may be an issue', for example, and you're done. Make sure to wear a hard hat and hi viz even though it is just a normal suburban street and work won't even start for 4 months.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alex.

Been searching my PC for a photo taken from my bedroom window a few years ago, eventually found it. Can anyone spot the odd man out!

Men at work by A60man, on Flickr
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

white hats.. they dont actually work.. they just watch..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

My hard hat's white, but I've clearly been using it wrong all this time. I need to buy me lad an orange hat, and remember to bring my Kindle to jobs

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

If it wasn't for the savage tory cuts they'd have been able to afford to have at least a dozen blokes to stand around doing nothing. And have a mobile canteen on site. Or is that just out of shot?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Been searching my PC for a photo taken from my bedroom window a few years ago, eventually found it. Can anyone spot the odd man out!

Men at work by A60man, on Flickr
    I forgot to mention, the new surface of the road caused a cloud dust to be raised every time a vehicle went past, also loose grit with tar was was trodden into peoples houses causing damage to carpets and hard floor finishes. There was nothing wrong with the old surface. It took a massive effort by several residents to get the new surface removed and a proper surface installed, even when this was done, it still had faults, like blocking the the drain grids in the road, causing flooding. It took another great effort by the residents to get this rectified.
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123