+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wam2020 is officially postponed

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Landloper View Post
    Good for them, & shame on the Cheltenham Race committee who callously put profit before public safety in proceeding with this year's festival.
    Maybe, but one is largely an outdoor event and t'other's an indoor (crowded) one. Actually, there are so many differences in the events that comparisons border on the odious. With Cheltenham, you don't need to attend if you're simply a punter/spectator, but Kegworth involved serious commitments by the contributors and dealers and even two + days is not a lot of notice. However, it's postponed and not cancelled. We await the virus proliferation figures for Cheltenham, which I'd imagine will be low to zero. I feel quite hoarse from writing all that!

I'm Mike.

I get why they've done it, but let's put this into context, you actually have less chance of contracting then dying form Corona virus than either winning the lottery or being struck by lightening, think about it...... i think as long as we are sensible, stay at home if unwell or think you're coming down with something, wash your hands more regularly and just be a little more thoughtful then we should be fine

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Andre.

O well look at it this way You can get on with something more constructive in life.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    I get why they've done it, but let's put this into context, you actually have less chance of contracting then dying form Corona virus than either winning the lottery or being struck by lightening, think about it...... i think as long as we are sensible, stay at home if unwell or think you're coming down with something, wash your hands more regularly and just be a little more thoughtful then we should be fine
    Oh so those vulnerable people like my wife on cancer treatment shouldn't take it too badly if she pegs it.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    O well look at it this way You can get on with something more constructive in life.
    What did you have in mind Andre? I was looking forward to a weekend of not doing anything constructive, but now my Saturday has already been filled with work But health comes first, especially for the vulnerable.

Still, every cloud and all that - I have a shitload of cakes, biscuits and Ferrero Rocher, which were earmarked for Kegworth (to make my music choices more palatable) which I'll now have all to myself
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Oh so those vulnerable people like my wife on cancer treatment shouldn't take it too badly if she pegs it.
    FFS there's always 1, i didn't say that and I think it's summed up in my comment about being sensible, clearly if you are already ill or are undergoing treatment for a serious illness then you need to be very careful. BTW you're not the only person affected by cancer, my dad died of it when he was 50, i was in my 20's at the time, it's a terrible thing and i hope your wife does better than my dad did.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    What did you have in mind Andre? I was looking forward to a weekend of not doing anything constructive, but now my Saturday has already been filled with work But health comes first, especially for the vulnerable.

Still, every cloud and all that - I have a shitload of cakes, biscuits and Ferrero Rocher, which were earmarked for Kegworth (to make my music choices more palatable) which I'll now have all to myself
    Pop over mine mate, i haven't seen you in ages, i'll demolish all your eats for you

I'm Andre.

Well now with all this Corona malarkey hanging about what do i do when the wife attacks me sticking her tongue down my throat and all that stuff , not very nice having to push her away & have no fun at the weekend.
    Last edited by Made in 1968; 12-03-2020 at 19:05.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Pop over mine mate, i haven't seen you in ages, i'll demolish all your eats for you
    I posted that 14 minutes ago - just how long do you think Ferreros last in this house? Apart from that, sounds like a plan
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

I posted that 14 minutes ago - just how long do you think Ferreros last in this house? Apart from that, sounds like a plan
    greedy ba$!!rd, I’m in all weekend dude pop over when you like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast