+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think QED cables are good!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    I have to use 1.5 metre lengths of cable and I'm currently using Tellurium Q Blue but I do love the hulking great QED Silver cables and would love to maybe use them in the future.

I keep meaning to try the Tellurium Q Blue. How are you finding them? Are they new or used examples?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    I keep meaning to try the Tellurium Q Blue. How are you finding them? Are they new or used examples?

S.
    Shane they are new or at least they were a year or so back. I like them but they're not ground breaking by any means. My interconnects are Atlas Hyper and my oh my, they were a huge step up from Van Den Hul D102's.

The Spendors I had back then were single wire only so the Q Blue's fitted the bill perfectly. They may well be replaced quite soon.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The Van den Hul D102s were never that well thought of.
    Barry

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The Van den Hul D102s were never that well thought of.
    Barry, my findings of the VdH's were that they were just very thick and congested. The Atlas cables on the other hand enabled this huge spacious ambience to shine through as well as revealing a massive amount of fine detail. To be precise though I have never noticed the kind of dramatic change with speaker cables as I have with interconnects. No idea why that would be.

I'm Nuno.

I have the Qed Performance Audio 2 on my Densen B 110 amp/Rega Dac. Is it worthwhile to upgrade to the Qed Reference 40?
    https://www.qed.co.uk/reference-audio-40.html

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post

S.
    The Blue's are just like a lot of other good low priced cables out there, Van Damme, Mark Grant etc, possibly a little bit better. Where you really start to hear significant step ups are with the black and further up the line.

I'm a huge fan of the TQ signature sound, for me they are very coherent and have impressive smooth bass. The Black II's are good value in my opinion I understand they may seem expensive if shopping at the more budget end but in reality even they are still relatively low budget compared to some cables. TQ Ultra Black for example....

I've had budget Atlas cables too, they are great. A really good company.
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12