+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think QED cables are good!

I'm Shane.

Default I think QED cables are good!

Tried them on my system today, and quite liked the results. The XT25's are good cables for not so silly money.

In the past my father owned Genesis Silver Spiral Speaker Cables. Again, very good results.

I understand QED are like the 'Naim' of cables. Some really love them and hate etc!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Andre.

Made some good cables

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Tried them on my system today, and quite liked the results. The XT25's are good cables for not so silly money.

In the past my father owned Genesis Silver Spiral Speaker Cables. Again, very good results.

I understand QED are like the 'Naim' of cables. Some really love them and hate etc!

S.
    Silver Spiral is an excellent cable in my experience, the cable I use and have no intention of changing unless i came into big disposable spondoolies
    Nothing like Silver Anniversary which so many of us have had back in the past.
    Big difference in price and construction anyway...
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Andre.

You want a good sounding very well made cable QED is a great choice cos their cheap cable look more expensive than they actually are.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    You want a good sounding very well made cable QED is a great choice cos their cheap cable look more expensive than they actually are.
    Agreed.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Andre.

Always had nice quality connector to boot

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I've been using QED speaker cable since 1978. Then, it was 10m lengths of their 79 strand version.

These days I use short speaker cables of less than a metre in length, so differences between various makes of cable is, IMO, utterly insignificant.
    Barry

I'm Neil.

Silver Spiral interconnects, and the speaker cable version Genesis are very good. I replaced my Genesis with Atlas Mavros speaker cable. Its much better but vastly more expensive.
    Regards Neil

I'm Mike.

Aye i was lucky enough to get my cables for free as a one of my colleagues used to work for Armour the company that owns QED, they also own Q Acoustic, Grado and Goldring, i have their Signature Revelation speakers cable and i'm very impressed, i definitely wouldn't buy it without the banana plugs fitted though as apparently it's a pain in the arse to strip.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Shaun.

I have to use 1.5 metre lengths of cable and I'm currently using Tellurium Q Blue but I do love the hulking great QED Silver cables and would love to maybe use them in the future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast