+ Reply to Thread
Page 980 of 991 FirstFirst ... 480880930970978979980981982990 ... LastLast
Results 9,791 to 9,800 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Grant.

Scotland is in another wave of covid.. up 30% this week. not looking good for us who are suceptible...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Up 43% in Britain last week, which is one heck of a rise, yet I've just returned from a busy Tesco where I counted just 2 people (plus me) wearing a mask.

It's all over folks, Covid is no more, we're free.. Meantime, Polio is being recorded in London.

I'm Grant.

Covid cases up 32% as Omicron sub-variants drive infections.

Infection rates in the UK have increased from 1.7m to 2.3m in a week.

This is the highest estimate for total infections since late April. But it is still below the record high of 4.9m, reached at the end of March.

Today's announcement is significant because it is based on a random selection of tens of thousands of people, regardless of whether or not they had Covid symptoms.

Experts have said the recent rise in infections is being driven by Omicron subvariants BA.4 and BA.5.

Covid in Scotland: One in 18 people had virus last week.. way too high.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Breakfast TV this morning quoted 1 in 10 now have Covid in the UK and they questioned why..

I'm Grant.

One in 25 in England - up from one in 30 the week before
    One in 20 in Wales - up from one in 30
    One in 19 in Northern Ireland - up from one in 25
    One in 17 in Scotland - up from one in 18

my sis in law caught it. she had double lung transplant about 18 months ago.. she died last week.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Very sorry to hear about your family loss Grant.

This thing is not going away, and is still wreaking havoc for some. Don’t know if I’ve had it - up till now all the tests have been negative.
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Very sorry to hear about your family loss Grant.

This thing is not going away, and is still wreaking havoc for some. Don’t know if I’ve had it - up till now all the tests have been negative.
    thanks, and no its deffo not going away anytime soon. alas 99% of folk just dont care any more. wearing a mask when in contact with others is only sensible but?....
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Sorry to hear about your loss Grant.

For the media and majority of 'safe' people out there, Covid is a done deal and nothing to worry about - certainly not worth bothering to protect others by wearing a mask. Thing is, for the 2 million or so who are vulnerable, it hasn't gone away and is still an ever present danger.

I'm Dave.

Update on previous - now have finally tested positive - and felt crap for a day or so. Hopefully will clear soon. You might say self inflicted as visited Istanbul, then cruised to Athens, return via Heathrow. Hardly anyone seems to care now - lip service paid to many obvious precautions. People are "desperate" to get away, so go out and mix anywhere - total chaos. Precautions and monitoring such as we had a few months ago on another trip to the Netherlands ending up in Switzerland seem now to have gone by the board.

Obviously it's more important that the MPs have their silly little selection procedure (well some of them ...) but the health problems have not gone away yet, and will return, and in the meantime the war in Ukraine will meander on in some form or other, but finding out how "bad" things are now in that area seems very hard. As far as I can see the Russians lob a few missiles over each day to kill maybe 20-25 civilans in random parts of Ukraine just to remind everyone they are still there - but whether there are really big movements and actions going on - it's hard to tell. News on that front seems hard to come by.

This very recent article contains preliminary reporting which suggests that repeat exposures to Covid are not a good thing. The notion that one might get improved immunity seems to be countered by the suggestion that it's more likely that underlying problems and risks will simply get worse.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/05/h...isk/index.html
    Dave

I'm Grant.

Update on previous - now have finally tested positive - and felt crap for a day or so. Hopefully will clear soon.

i hope its mild for you dave. im still avoiding people etc and wear masks when mixing at all, and use alcohol rub all the time. so far ive avoided it, but was quite ill with the booster jab i got in late autumn.
    Last edited by struth; 11-07-2022 at 12:12.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread