+ Reply to Thread
Page 943 of 991 FirstFirst ... 443843893933941942943944945953 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,430 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    our corner shop, the chemists and the market would not serve anyone who didn't have a mask or a card. When masks were compulsory. They're not bothered now.

Not really been anywhere else except the record shop - who still insist on masks even now, but they hand them out at the door.
    Fresh, I hope
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

I don't understand how people can say a mask is no use, if you cough or sneeze it will act as a barrier and stop/reduce the number of, potentially, disease ridden particulates flying around the place - more effectively than putting you hand over your face or sneezing in to your sleeve.

I agree that it is a matter of courtesy to wear one.

Just an observation (no scientific basis), I am certain that people who don't wear a mask in shops are also the ones that don't give a toss about "social distancing".
    My extrapolation of my observation - can I trust people who don't wear a mask or socially distance to follow any advice on hygiene
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    As you know the following applies.

You don’t touch it to keep in place? Where do you put it when not wearing it? How do you take it off and handle it.
    Does it fit tightly with no gaps or vents.

Why an inner cage?

Gary
    cage helps me breathe and it also makes the mask easier to use. its on off with ear straps. hands a cleaned with alcohol. both in car. along with plenty others. mask goes over nose tightly so specs dont fog up. over mouth and chin. no gaps anywhere and cage helps with this. before i found them i couldnt wear one and although ive a badge, i didnt go out at all, as too many folk were attacking people for not wearing them. anyway i dont want to be mixing closely with people who might have it. a mask helps; its not a pancea but every little helps to stay protected. i use a good alcohol handwash a dozen times a day, even in house plus all the washing. im taking as few chances as i have to. i got swine flu pandemic and it nearly killed me. this one will finish job.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Wither it is pointless or not is irrelevant in Scotland as by Law a face covering must be worn in certain circumstances, as detailed above.
    And exemptions as I’ve outlined above.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    cage helps me breathe and it also makes the mask easier to use. its on off with ear straps. hands a cleaned with alcohol. both in car. along with plenty others. mask goes over nose tightly so specs dont fog up. over mouth and chin. no gaps anywhere and cage helps with this. before i found them i couldnt wear one and although ive a badge, i didnt go out at all, as too many folk were attacking people for not wearing them. anyway i dont want to be mixing closely with people who might have it. a mask helps; its not a pancea but every little helps to stay protected. i use a good alcohol handwash a dozen times a day, even in house plus all the washing. im taking as few chances as i have to. i got swine flu pandemic and it nearly killed me. this one will finish job.
    My fervent wish is that you survive any illness!

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Grant.

Scottish numbers: 10 November 2021
    Summary

3,852 new cases of COVID-19 reported
    44,434 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    9.1% of these were positive
    19 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
    61 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    778 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    4,325,307 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,920,006 have received their second dose

my area has dropped a bit.

Last edited by struth; 10-11-2021 at 15:48.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Scottish numbers: 11 November 2021
    Summary

3,340 new cases of COVID-19 reported
    42,983 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    8.2% of these were positive
    26 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
    60 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    768 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    4,326,392 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,921,971 have received their second dose
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Scottish numbers: 12 November 2021
    Summary

3,349 new cases of COVID-19 reported
    36,048 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    9.8% of these were positive
    17 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
    55 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    759 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    4,325,523 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,922,893 have received their second dose

seems north of scotland and islands are the highest now as rates that have been pretty level for some time increase. Normally the north and islands are very low..its odd.
    Last edited by struth; 12-11-2021 at 16:16.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Scottish numbers: 13 November 2021
    Summary

3,052 new cases of COVID-19 reported
    32,079 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    10.1% of these were positive
    13 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
    59 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    780 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    4,326,637 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,924,305 have received their second dose
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Covid: Austria orders nationwide lockdown for unvaccinated, and they are not the only ones..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59283128

Scottish numbers: 14 November 2021
    Summary

3,077 new cases of COVID-19 reported
    31,384 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    10.3 % of these were positive
    1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
    56 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    765 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    4,327,340 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,924,870 have received their second dose.

% wise its about 93% for first dose and 88% on second. About 27% have had a booster.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread