+ Reply to Thread
Page 933 of 991 FirstFirst ... 433833883923931932933934935943983 ... LastLast
Results 9,321 to 9,330 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed, but not forgetting of course that the effect for most (i.e. the non-elderly without any serious underlying conditions), is mild, flu-like symptoms at worst, otherwise we'd have had a MUCH more serious situation on our hands.

"Most" equaling the overwhelming majority of the population. Whilst not wishing to underplay the seriousness of the virus for those most at risk from becoming seriously ill or dying from it, we must not lose sight of that fact.

Marco.
    Well at the time of me being vaccinated my belief was that I was not only protecting myself, but also protecting others from being infected by me (if I haven't got it I can't spread it, simple) The truth appears to be rather different though.

But not different enough to make me think twice if I had the choice all over again.

I don't post much on this thread because I understand so little of it, and I'm not interested in speculation, nor opinions based on "information" gleaned from the various corners of the Web. What I would like to see though are some honest, up to date figures on hospitalisations and deaths in relation to age groups and vaccinated/unvaccinated.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Sorry to pluck this bit out of the post, but it got me wondering...

If the vaccines can either guard against infection, or at least mitigate the severity of such, is it possible that many of those 'double jabbed' (by being largely asymptomatic) could be unknowingly infecting others? (assuming the vaccinated may still be able to pass it on).

If so, folks who thought that they didn't need the jab as the great majority who had it will help to bring about the end of the pandemic may be in for an awakening this winter.

So imo the case for being vaccinated is not about protecting others, but more about self-protection. Like the wearing of seat belts and crash helmets.
    I do get strange looks walking round the village with my crash helmet on and the seat belts trailing on the floor

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Martin.

last figure I saw (for UK) is that 55% of those hospitalized with covid were unvaccinated.

If you consider that 80% of the population are vaccinated then it's pretty clear that being vaccinated massively reduces the chance of getting seriously ill from covid.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    last figure I saw (for UK) is that 55% of those hospitalized with covid were unvaccinated.

If you consider that 80% of the population are vaccinated then it's pretty clear that being vaccinated massively reduces the chance of getting seriously ill from covid.
    Before I would even consider any statistical data as being valid I would need the source and the methodology for data gathering.

What is clear is that we have been outside normal response to the illness caused by a virus.

Identification, isolation, illness, no medication, get worse, maybe hospitalisation, death.

Great call!

Gary

Oh forgot as above 45% of vaccinated are hospitalised.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Well at the time of me being vaccinated my belief was that I was not only protecting myself, but also protecting others from being infected by me (if I haven't got it I can't spread it, simple) The truth appears to be rather different though.
    Well, what was that belief based upon: what you were told by the government and/or mainstream media, heard from Davey down the road, or what? I'm being a little facetious, of course, but it does show that you can't rely on getting the truth from supposedly 'trustworthy' sources, thus be easily misled.

Perhaps, if you'd researched 'opinions based on "information" gleaned from the various corners of the Web', much sourced from medical and scientific professionals, you'd have got closer to the truth?

That said, I fully appreciate and understand the decision you made, and I also believe that vaccination does prevent transmission of the virus to a degree, *but*, medically, it has always been, first and foremost, about protecting YOU.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Before I would even consider any statistical data as being valid I would need the source and the methodology for data gathering.

What is clear is that we have been outside normal response to the illness caused by a virus.

Identification, isolation, illness, no medication, get worse, maybe hospitalisation, death.

Great call!

Gary

Oh forgot as above 45% of vaccinated are hospitalised.
    Source is Public Health England as of August 2021. If course if you're going to doubt any data presented then there's no point discussing it further. But based on that data an unvaccinated person is roughly 3 times more likely to end up in hospital than someone who has been vaccinated.

You have to weight that chance up against the chance that there is some totally unknown and very long term negative consequence to being vaccinated, which based on available data and medical knowledge of vaccines, is just a superstition.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    I do get strange looks walking round the village with my crash helmet on and the seat belts trailing on the floor

Gary

That's the trouble with living in a village - folks just can't mind their own business. In Chorley, skid lids and trailing seat belts are de rigeur

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Nice to know (providing the source is truthful), but what about demographics? There is some feeling that younger/fitter individuals need not concern themselves so much.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Gary.

Source is Public Health England as of August 2021. If course if you're going to doubt any data presented then there's no point discussing it further. But based on that data an unvaccinated person is roughly 3 times more likely to end up in hospital than someone who has been vaccinated.

You have to weight that chance up against the chance that there is some totally unknown and very long term negative consequence to being vaccinated, which based on available data and medical knowledge of vaccines, is just a superstition.
    You’re right on your first paragraph.

Gary

I'm Gary.

That's the trouble with living in a village - folks just can't mind their own business. In Chorley, skid lids and trailing seat belts are de rigeur

+ Reply to Thread