+ Reply to Thread
Page 931 of 991 FirstFirst ... 431831881921929930931932933941981 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,310 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Grant.

Around one in 55 people in England are estimated to have had Covid in the week ending 16 October, according to the Office for National Statistics

That's an increase on the week before, when the figure was one in 60.

At the peak of the second wave in early January, around one in 50 were estimated to have coronavirus.

In Wales it is estimated one in 45 would have tested positive, while in Northern Ireland it was one in 130.

Scotland saw a decrease with around one in 90 estimated to have had Covid
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Scottish numbers: 22 October 2021
    Summary

2,902 new cases of COVID-19 reported
    35,188 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    8.8% of these were positive
    19 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
    60 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    894 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    4,299,649 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,888,408 have received their second dose.

NHS Lanarkshire has moved to the "highest risk level" as its three hospitals are at maximum capacity.

The military is already providing additional support at University hospitals Hairmyres, Monklands and Wishaw.

But the health board described occupancy levels as "critical" and said the "sustained pressure" shows no signs of easing.

It also confirmed some elective cancer procedures have been cancelled.

Earlier this week, NHS Grampian became the latest Scottish health board to ask for military help amid the pandemic after NHS Lanarkshire and NHS Borders.
    'Relentless pressures'

NHS Lanarkshire deputy chief executive Laura Ace said: "We are facing relentless pressures, bed shortages and staff shortages due to sickness, stress and self-isolation and University hospitals Hairmyres, Monklands and Wishaw are all at maximum capacity.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Scottish numbers: 22 October 2021
    Summary

2,902 new cases of COVID-19 reported
    35,188 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    8.8% of these were positive
    19 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
    60 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    894 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    4,299,649 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,888,408 have received their second dose.

NHS Lanarkshire has moved to the "highest risk level" as its three hospitals are at maximum capacity.

The military is already providing additional support at University hospitals Hairmyres, Monklands and Wishaw.

But the health board described occupancy levels as "critical" and said the "sustained pressure" shows no signs of easing.

It also confirmed some elective cancer procedures have been cancelled.

Earlier this week, NHS Grampian became the latest Scottish health board to ask for military help amid the pandemic after NHS Lanarkshire and NHS Borders.
    'Relentless pressures'

NHS Lanarkshire deputy chief executive Laura Ace said: "We are facing relentless pressures, bed shortages and staff shortages due to sickness, stress and self-isolation and University hospitals Hairmyres, Monklands and Wishaw are all at maximum capacity.
    There's 16500 hospital beds in Scotland therefore only 5.4% of beds are occupied by people who have tested positive for Covid (but some of those will be in hospital for some reason unconnected to covid and would therefore be in hospital anyway). Have to conclude that those three hospitals being at maximum capacity has little to do with Covid.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

OK so after years of Government and NHS management mismanaging the NHS, the shit is hitting the fan. FFS what a surprise.

In years of management I was expected to be proactive, and forward thinking, with a 5 and 10 year plan, updated monthly, it staggers me that this doesn’t happen. Any plans had to have risks and issues outlined and mitigated for, all this in a formal document.

WTF is going on?

It’s almost as if the failures are planned!

Trend analysis and modelling , with all the masses of statistics available seems to be ignored!

Government by panic for the masses!

Given that the “science” is active, who predicted the nonsense that if we had a viral pandemic, vaccination would be the answer, given that said vaccination does not prevent spread.

So we sacrifice lives to save the NHS, does this make sense to anyone?

We closed down Nightingale hospitals....why?...Oh they were hardly used.

Talk about piss up and brewery.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There's 16500 hospital beds in Scotland therefore only 5.4% of beds are occupied by people who have tested positive for Covid (but some of those will be in hospital for some reason unconnected to covid and would therefore be in hospital anyway). Have to conclude that those three hospitals being at maximum capacity has little to do with Covid.
    the areas dont have highest covid in country by any means although they wre a while ago, so its probably long term ill old folk who they cant get into homes or get care cover due to lack of staff, due to poor conditions, poor wages and the limitations of immigration, as many care staff are foreign.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    the areas dont have highest covid in country by any means although they wre a while ago, so its probably long term ill old folk who they cant get into homes or get care cover due to lack of staff, due to poor conditions, poor wages and the limitations of immigration, as many care staff are foreign.
    not what the report you quoted said though, it clearly implied that Covid was the issue. Inclined to agree with Gary that the real reason is incompetence. It's built in to any very large organization, public or private.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Today in the UK (with yesterday's figures shown in brackets below): https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/:

Positive tests: 49,298 (52,009).

Deaths: 180 (115).

Hospitalisations: 1,065 (959).

So... Hospitalisations break through the 1000 barrier again, I doubt we'll see things get better (in any area), before they get worse, so folks, let's strap ourselves in for the ride!

In Wales today (with yesterday's figures shown in brackets below):

New cases: 3,296 (4,240).

Deaths: 11 (13).

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

its folk who have had covid in many cases and obviously some that have it now. a double whammy. the incompetance is in not making sure staff are available for hospital and care homes plus home visit carers. that is the major problem. jobs are being offered to folk who are in these jobs with better money etc so they are leaving in droves too.

if i had to go into hospital i may not get out as ive no-one to look after me... so i'll be damned if im going in
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

How long before the Government acts and bring in some restrictions ? We don't need a total lockdown, just some sense before Covid races away again.

I'm Martin.

If it was going to race away I think it would have done it already. Lockdown finished more than 3 months ago.

Suspect it can't race away as just too many people have had it now, even if they didn't realise it. Plus the vaccinations clearly reduce both transmissions and serious cases.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread