+ Reply to Thread
Page 913 of 991 FirstFirst ... 413813863903911912913914915923963 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,130 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    My problem with this, I accept it’s only a WSJ opinion, is the assumption that statistics being used to make decisions about the definition of endemic are true and factual.
    I understand that, but what exactly, to date, in this whole mess has been undeniably true and factual? It doesn't exist. The figures are going in the right direction for Covid to become endemic, so that'll do me for now.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, too bad. If that's true, you can't change the facts. And in any case, who's fault would it be? Answer: the many stupidly wrong decisions that the government has made throughout this pandemic, so fess up and have the balls to admit your mistakes!

Plus, and this is really the most important point... The stats (deaths included) DRIVE the decisions that the government makes to control the virus, including of course the imposing of restrictions such as lockdowns, so if the stats are inaccurate, and perhaps given what we're discussing, grossly so, then we've all been suffering unnecessarily because of impositions on our freedoms, based upon stats that made things look far worse than they actually were!!

Marco.
    Your reply seems to have pulled the first part of my previous post out of context somehow, and made it look like I was sympathetic to the UK's position. Not my intention to make it look like that, but maybe your misunderstanding stems from my not being clear enough.

However, the part you call "the most important part" could be used to describe any or all of the world's governments, and may be assumed such until we have more facts. Otherwise it just becomes another poke at our government, who as far as we know are no worse than any of the others. I'm not a BJ fanboy BTW, didn't even vote for him

Anyway, I'm going to leave this discussion to the rest of you guys, who know much more than me about this stuff, and in the morning I'll be back to music and bowel movement topics
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Sandro.

I understand that, but what exactly, to date, in this whole mess has been undeniably true and factual? It doesn't exist. The figures are going in the right direction for Covid to become endemic, so that'll do me for now.

Marco.
    Just one of the definition of Endemic

Copy and paste
    adjective Also en·dem·i·cal .
    natural to or characteristic of a specific people or place; native; indigenous:endemic folkways;countries where high unemployment is endemic.
    belonging exclusively or confined to a particular place:a fever endemic to the tropics.
    (of a disease) persisting in a population or region, generally having settled to a relatively constant rate of occurrence:The coronavirus that causes COVID-19 may never disappear, but could become endemic like HIV.

Endemic Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com

In the case of the Fauci virus the Endemic thing about it is that It is Endemic to the Human Race, no spill over has been found so far, is not limited to the tropics or such as in the quote

Nothing to be happy about unless one is on the market for selling Vaccines PPE and so on

copy and paste from the lengty Collins

The disease then becomes endemic and one is committed to a continuing policy of annual vaccination.Times, Sunday Times (2007)
    Endemic definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary (collinsdictionary.com)

Last edited by Bksabath; 03-10-2021 at 04:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Your reply seems to have pulled the first part of my previous post out of context somehow, and made it look like I was sympathetic to the UK's position. Not my intention to make it look like that, but maybe your misunderstanding stems from my not being clear enough.
    No, you were perfectly clear, mate. I was simply taking what you said and extrapolating it into an area I wanted to highlight!

However, the part you call "the most important part" could be used to describe any or all of the world's governments, and may be assumed such until we have more facts. Otherwise it just becomes another poke at our government, who as far as we know are no worse than any of the others.
    I agree, but the point still stands, and I take great delight in poking the Tories, as I can't stand them, especially BIGOTED (against Scotland) BJ-Boy, who when as soon as he's booted out of Downing St, after losing the next election, I'll be jumping up and down with joy!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Just one of the definition of Endemic

Copy and paste
    adjective Also en·dem·i·cal .
    natural to or characteristic of a specific people or place; native; indigenous:endemic folkways;countries where high unemployment is endemic.
    belonging exclusively or confined to a particular place:a fever endemic to the tropics.
    (of a disease) persisting in a population or region, generally having settled to a relatively constant rate of occurrence:The coronavirus that causes COVID-19 may never disappear, but could become endemic like HIV.

Endemic Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com

In the case of the Fauci virus the Endemic thing about it is that It is Endemic to the Human Race, no spill over has been found so far, is not limited to the tropics or such as in the quote

Nothing to be happy about unless one is on the market for selling Vaccines PPE and so on

copy and paste from the lengty Collins

[FONT="]The disease then becomes endemic and one is committed to a continuing policy of annual vaccination.[/FONT][FONT="]Times, Sunday Times (2007)
    Endemic definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary (collinsdictionary.com)

[/FONT]
    Sandro, my point is simply that, in terms of threat level, Covid moving from the status of pandemic, to endemic, is an upgrade

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Gary.

Marco.
    I applaud your optimism, but to get to the outcome we all want, accepting that the current figures are going in the right direction, has a dependency on the statistical analysis rules behind these figures not being changed.

It has happened before!

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Sandro.

Sandro, my point is simply that, in terms of threat level, Covid moving from the status of pandemic, to endemic, is an upgrade

Marco.
    I fail to see how this is an upgrade as If the Fauci virus became endemic it will be here to stay and the "mandatory vaccine" will have reasons to be put in place.

We ,as a very inclusive level, should strive to eradicate it!

Please remember that the Vaccines only work on a tiny part of this construct
    Natural immunity act on a much broader part of the virus

foremost what we need is a way to cure it and to expose and protest against how this has been handled, spinned and politicized

Natural versus vaccine immunity - YouTube

I'm Steve.

I take great delight in poking the Tories

Marco.
    Be sure to take precautions, there's a lot of dodgy diseases about

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Marco.
    I'm with Marco on all of these points. And there's nowt wrong with a bit of optimism I say

T'other system:

A/V:

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    I fail to see how this is an upgrade as If the Fauci virus became endemic it will be here to stay and the "mandatory vaccine" will have reasons to be put in place.

We ,as a very inclusive level, should strive to eradicate it!

Please remember that the Vaccines only work on a tiny part of this construct
    Natural immunity act on a much broader part of the virus

foremost what we need is a way to cure it and to expose and protest against how this has been handled, spinned and politicized

Natural versus vaccine immunity - YouTube
    Sandro, the fact is, Covid (or any other Coronavirus) *isn't* going away. It's with us now for the duration, so the best outcome we can hope for is that it eventually poses no more of a threat than flu, and that's where I think we'll end up soon!

I've nothing further to add now on this subject.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread