+ Reply to Thread
Page 911 of 991 FirstFirst ... 411811861901909910911912913921961 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,110 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    How are the Covid death figures worked out in Europe? Have they gone down the "Not proven" route? If so, and their death figures were comparably similar to ours, their death rates would then clearly be much greater than ours. There needs to be a global standard for this, otherwise it all means jack shit.
    I completely agree. And that's why we don't really know the truth!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

We're going out shopping now, so Macca, I'll get to your post later.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Just before I go...

How are the Covid death figures worked out in Europe? Have they gone down the "Not proven" route? If so, and their death figures were comparably similar to ours, their death rates would then clearly be much greater than ours. There needs to be a global standard for this, otherwise it all means jack shit.
    One thing's for sure though, if Europe and the rest of the world had gone down the 'not proven' route, the numbers for Covid deaths, worldwide, would be a damn sight lower!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Just before I go...

One thing's for sure though, if Europe and the rest of the world had gone down the 'not proven' route, the numbers for Covid deaths, worldwide, would be a damn sight lower!!

Marco.
    And the UK would be shown up to be the Covid Death capital of the world. I've not heard this reported, so either they all use similar criteria to us, or their death rates are considerably higher. Who knows?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Idiotic govt.

Care home workers who are not prepared to get the Covid vaccine should get another job, Sajid Javid has said.

The health secretary said he was not prepared to "pause" the requirement for care staff in England to be fully vaccinated by 11 November.

His remarks come after warnings that some homes will be unable to cope if workers are forced to leave.

The National Care Association has urged the government to delay the jab deadline to give staff more time.

It says it will have a knock-on effect on the NHS if care homes have to cut resident numbers.

From 11 November, it will be mandatory for anyone who works in a Care Quality Commission-registered care home in England to be fully vaccinated, unless they have a medical exemption.

Mr Javid told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "If you work in a care home you are working with some of the most vulnerable people in our country and if you cannot be bothered to go and get vaccinated, then get out and go and get another job.

"If you want to look after them (care home residents), if you want to cook for them, if you want to feed them, if you want to put them to bed, then you should get vaccinated.

"If you are not going to get vaccinated then why are you working in care?"
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

And the UK would be shown up to be the Covid Death capital of the world. I've not heard this reported, so either they all use similar criteria to us, or their death rates are considerably higher. Who knows?
    Well, too bad. If that's true, you can't change the facts. And in any case, who's fault would it be? Answer: the many stupidly wrong decisions that the government has made throughout this pandemic, so fess up and have the balls to admit your mistakes!

Plus, and this is really the most important point... The stats (deaths included) DRIVE the decisions that the government makes to control the virus, including of course the imposing of restrictions such as lockdowns, so if the stats are inaccurate, and perhaps given what we're discussing, grossly so, then we've all been suffering unnecessarily because of impositions on our freedoms, based upon stats that made things look far worse than they actually were!!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Idiotic govt.
    It's absolutely crazy, mate! And aside from anything else, especially this:

Care home workers who are not prepared to get the Covid vaccine should get another job, Sajid Javid has said.
    COME AGAIN? What kind of precedent does that set, in terms of the future freedoms of ALL of us..? What has our supposedly 'free' country become??

They make the vaccine non-mandatory, and supposedly down to people's FREE choice, but if they don't 'play ball' by having it, then they simply make it mandatory via the back door. That's *exactly* what's happening here. Coercion is being used to FORCE people into being vaccinated against their will!

Is that the behaviour of a democracy in a supposedly FREE country???

It's exactly the same with the introduction of vaccine passports in Scotland (for entry to nightclubs and large events), and which may also come into force soon in Wales: using coercion to, and I use the word lightly, 'encourage' the younger people who attend these places to get vaccinated.

THAT was the real reason for introducing these passports, not to help 'keep people safe' in nightclubs, or whatever, when we know that vaccination does not mean that you're not a carrier for the virus. The vaccinated can still spread the virus just the same, albeit at a (questionably) lower level. Exactly what level that is hasn't really been proven.

Therefore the message from this government, in terms of vaccines, is clearly: 'Choose not to be vaccinated if you wish, but in the end we'll MAKE you have the vaccine, whether you like it or not, simply by making it harder for you to live!'

And the best example of that is, DO as WE say, or you'll lose your job! Fuck that!

Coercion is the behaviour of FASCISTS, not libertarians supposedly running a democracy. Therefore, people, we must continue to protect our civil liberties and fight for our freedoms, or the Britain we all know and love is going to be a very different place in future!

Marco.
    Main System

No-one got anything to say about this, tell me I'm wrong or whatever?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Scottish numbers: 2 October 2021
    Summary

2,515 new cases of COVID-19 reported
    37,128 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    7.3% of these were positive
    17 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
    66 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    965 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    4,199,724 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,843,000 have received their second dose
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    No-one got anything to say about this, tell me I'm wrong or whatever?

Marco.
    Dictatoriaorly speaking Marco,
    We're already in a proto-fascist state.

Listen to this Trumpet

"I've given you"...

AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread