+ Reply to Thread
Page 907 of 991 FirstFirst ... 407807857897905906907908909917957 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,070 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Today in the UK (with the previous day's figures shown in brackets below) https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/:

Positive tests: 36,480 (36,722).

Deaths: 137 (150).

Hospitalisations: 657 (659).

So, the figures are thankfully still going in the right direction - even (very slightly) new cases.

In Wales (previous day's figures in brackets):

New cases: 2,580 (3,369).

Deaths: 13 (9).

Cases coming down, which is good and deaths are about stable.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Gary.

Perspective check.

Heart and circulatory diseases cause around a quarter of all deaths in the UK, that’s more than 160,000 deaths each year – an average of 460 deaths each day or one every three minutes in the UK.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/what-we-do/ne...ts-and-figures

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Gary.

Perspective check 2

There are more than 166,000 cancer deaths in the UK every year, that's more than 450 every day (2016-2018).
    In females in the UK, there were around 77,800 cancer deaths in 2018.
    In males in the UK, there were around 89,000 cancer deaths in 2018.
    Every four minutes someone in the UK dies from cancer.
    Lung, bowel, breast and prostate cancers together accounted for almost half (45%) of all cancer deaths in the UK in 2018.
    Around a fifth of all cancer deaths are from lung cancer.
    Mortality rates for all cancers combined in the UK are highest in people aged 90+ (2016-2018).
    Each year more than half (54%) of all cancer deaths in the UK are in people aged 75 and over (2016-2018).

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/hea...uk#heading-One

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Martin.

And if you die from any of that within 28 days of testing positive for Covid then you count as a 'Covid death.' Even though you'd have died anyway. And about 20% would be false positives for Covid anyway.

But I recall start of the year we compared the average annual death rate in the UK to the death rate over the past 12 months and it was up 30K, so that was probably the true figure for covid-related deaths, not 120K or whatever the official figure was at the time.

Nevertheless Covid is still an additional risk of death that we didn't use to have.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

So, to clarify, are you saying that they've artificially inflated the figures to make the situation appear worse than it actually is?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So, to clarify, are you saying that they've artificially inflated the figures to make the situation appear worse than it actually is?

Marco.
    No, but there has to be some way of defining the number of victims and that's the one they chose. There are probably reasons for that which I don't know about. Seems that every country has it's own method.
    Current Lash Up:

Haha - good try at dodging the truth, but no cigar!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca
    No, but there has to be some way of defining the number of victims, and manipulating the figures and lying, to suit their agenda, is the one they chose.
    Fixt for factual accuracy!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Scottish numbers: 1 October 2021
    Summary

2,693 new cases of COVID-19 reported
    40,540 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    7.2% of these were positive
    34 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
    65 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    983 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
    4,194,212 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,840,251 have received their second dose

ave last few days has been about 7% so much better. deaths continue to be fairly high.

my area stubbornly not falling like rest of country; we are now 2nd worst..

elsewhere its a downward trend.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Indeed, mate, and I hope it comes down in your area soon, but certainly some cause for optimism.

Oh and Gary, thanks for the 'perspective checks'. You're quite right to flag up the facts!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Haha - good try at dodging the truth, but no cigar!

Fixt for factual accuracy!

Marco.
    I don't know what the truth is. I would guess that there are reasons that they do it the way they do, but not being any sort of medical practitioner I wouldn't make any assumptions since there may be unknown unknowns (to me anyway).

I can't think of any possible 'agenda' using that method might serve. Why would you deliberately inflate the numbers? If lockdown was made permanent and other draconian measures were being introduced maybe that would make sense - scare people into obedience. Except none of that is happening and instead they are trying to get the country back to normal.

it's possible that it's the opposite - they don't want to be accused of 'hiding the true death toll' so they just count everyone who could possibly have died from Covid.

I'd guess the question must already have been asked and answered somewhere but I can't be arsed to search for it.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread