+ Reply to Thread
Page 742 of 991 FirstFirst ... 242642692732740741742743744752792842 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,420 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Gary.

Hi Marco,

Always wanted a Severnesqu car since watching the Prisoner.

2A12E22D-E645-40FD-80A9-D43FFB053FB5.jpg

So I built this, bodywork from Westfield but nothing else. Thought their chassis was a bit naff, so designed my own brazing the joints (as using MIG welding tends to make the tube brittle and you have to use thicker tube) so using lightweight tube, my chassis is stiffer, more durable and lighter.

Engine is 2L Zetec, blueprinted by me (each piston and rings took about 4 hours hand fettling) 208bhp @ 7500k, special cams, direct to head (no manifold) fuel injection, Omex processor for injection and timing. The exhaust exits from the bonnet giving straight airflow from each of the 4 throttle bodies.

Front brakes 6 pot callipers each pot different dia, no servo. Golf rears.

MT75 gearbox, LSD.

Corner weights set with me on board, 620kg.

1240 rivets.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Good to hear you're well, mate. Yup, we're both fine

What's your sports car - sounds interesting? Hope you manage to fix the issues concerned. Yup, best to keep busy and your mind focused as much on normal things as possible, in these crazy times

Glad you like the t-shirt, lol... We'll all be wearing them come the revolution!

Marco.
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Alan.

Believe me Gary's car is impressive, I have had the experience
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - I don't doubt it. Sounds and looks freaking awesome!

Gary, why haven't you told us about this on the car thread?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Hi Marco,

So I built this, bodywork from Westfield but nothing else. Thought their chassis was a bit naff, so designed my own brazing the joints (as using MIG welding tends to make the tube brittle and you have to use thicker tube) so using lightweight tube, my chassis is stiffer, more durable and lighter.

Engine is 2L Zetec, blueprinted by me (each piston and rings took about 4 hours hand fettling) 208bhp @ 7500k, special cams, direct to head (no manifold) fuel injection, Omex processor for injection and timing. The exhaust exits from the bonnet giving straight airflow from each of the 4 throttle bodies.

MT75 gearbox, LSD.

1240 rivets.

Gary
    Given that the kerb weight of a Mondeo is around 1500kg, you have the rough equivalent of a Zetec Mondeo making well over 500bhp, but with sharper handling and a 0-60mph of approximately

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Gary.

About 3.5 secs given dry road and warm tyres

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Given that the kerb weight of a Mondeo is around 1500kg, you have the rough equivalent of a Zetec Mondeo making well over 500bhp, but with sharper handling and a 0-60mph of approximately

It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Dave.

Gary
    Do you often do that? I get s*** scared if I try anything anywhere near that fast, though I know some cars can accelerate even faster. Last time I looked my car had a software update to just around 4 seconds. Also one has to watch out for potholes - as well as other hazards.
    Dave

Gary
    Haha - sounds like a fucking riot, mate!

Would love to have a go behind the wheel if I got the chance

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Exclamation Sacked minister launches attack on Johnson's 'distrustful, awful' government

In other news, this makes amusing reading, if (like me) you detest BJ and the lying scumbag Tories: https://www.aol.co.uk/news/sacked-mi...172629073.html

Nothing we didn't already know, though....

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Alan.

Hi Marco,

MT75 gearbox, LSD.

1240 rivets.

Gary
    Oooooo I'd love to have a play with this...I'm an old petrol head..I had some fast cars in my younger days...but nothing that would do 0-60 under 4 seconds...I raced karts as a young one......I had an old Birrel to start with...then i bought my boss's at the time, Deavinson's Sprint...Fantastic doing over 100mph with your backside only 3 inches from the tarmac..fun days in my late teens and early 20's..
    Last edited by mad-moon; 24-04-2021 at 09:59.
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Do you often do that? I get s*** scared if I try anything anywhere near that fast, though I know some cars can accelerate even faster. Last time I looked my car had a software update to just around 4 seconds. Also one has to watch out for potholes - as well as other hazards.
    Yeah, pot holes, our weather, old blokes in trilbys, young blokes in baseball caps, kids who never learned the Green Cross code, iZombies, speed cameras, drivers distracted by their in-car gadgetry. You couldn't safely exploit that kind of performance on British roads - ideally you'd need a track as well as as a fair amount of skill, and balls of steel.

Still must be great fun to burn off just about everything out there Cars these days increasingly do the driving for you it seems, Gary's motor must be a refreshing change
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread