+ Reply to Thread
Page 701 of 991 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703711751801 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,010 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Martin.

That's not true. There was a case some years back that set precedent, a boarding house that refused to allow a booking from a gay couple.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Guy..The article says, could not would and it may be up to the publican to choose what he/she wants to do...
    Indeed, and let's hope that's the case, as I suspect that many publicans, who are also libertarians, whilst wanting to do what they can to protect themselves, staff and customers, will simply view the use of vaccine certificates as an affront to people's civil liberties/human rights, so will choose not to ask for them.

I certainly would, if I were a publican, as principles would come before profits!

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon
    Many people can't have a vaccine for one reason and/or another. << these individuals and the people who don't want vaccinated...
    Allow me to finish that for you....

>>...shouldn't be unfairly discriminated against when there's currently no *conclusive* proof that vaccination provides full immunity from Covid, or crucially, prevents transmission of the virus to others<<.

Showing recent proof of a negative test actually makes more sense (although still discriminatory), but that should also apply to those who've been vaccinated, as it's possible some may still test positive (i.e. be carriers, although show no symptoms).

And wouldn't it both be interesting, and rather enlightening [although unfortunately not in a good way], if that were the case...?

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon
    This is just the start of things to come, because more people have had the vaccine, than not, So..Anyone in this type of business, are going to want to protect these individuals in the majority, who will be their customers...Come in you are welcome..Unfortunately, It's coming and I would guess for the mean time, it's going to be part of the new normal...life's a bitch..
    I don't doubt it, but ultimately it's up to US, and whether or not we just sit back and take it.

Governments have introduced things before, which were fundamentally wrong, and that ultimately were usurped by people power, and it will be the same with this. If vaccine certificates become a reality, and are used in the way described, I predict mass protests and utter chaos in our towns and cities, as many will be vehemently opposed to them.

Therefore, ultimately, WE decide what becomes the 'new normal', not the government, as there are far more of us than them!!

In any case, if this does go ahead, it'll highlight how much of a 'libertarian' BJ-boy truly is, which he purports to be, and instead show him up once again as a liar and scumbag, becoming even more of a hate figure than he already is in the eyes of many people - and the decision would also ensure that the Tories went down in history as being responsible for creating the beginning of the end of our free society!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That's not true. There was a case some years back that set precedent, a boarding house that refused to allow a booking from a gay couple.
    So what's your view mate, on the proposed 'vaccine certificates' - justified or unjust? If I remember correctly, you said it wouldn't happen.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alan.

what...is not true??

https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/...n-the-premises
    Last edited by mad-moon; 25-03-2021 at 13:59.
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm guy.

Guy..The article says, could not would and it may be up to the publican to choose what he/she wants to do...

I'd like to also add this..Any premises has the lawful right to refuse entry to anyone, they do not need a reason ...
    That's why I started "It is being suggested that we may "
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So what's your view mate, on the proposed 'vaccine certificates' - justified or unjust? If I remember correctly, you said it wouldn't happen.

Marco.
    It's still my opinion that it won't happen.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

The first line from your link describes the situations where you cannot refuse entry.

if you did refuse entry and someone complained that is was due to one of those reasons then you would have to give a valid reason why you refused entry or face prosecution.

So your statement that 'You don't have to give a reason' isn't correct and hasn't been since the Race Relations Act 1976.
    Current Lash Up:

It's still my opinion that it won't happen.
    Really? It seems a virtual certainly to me... Why would BJ even be discussing it, then?

Ok, I fancy losing another bet! So £100 to our charity of choice, whoever loses?

Oh, and you didn't answer my question: do you think any introduction of such certificates would be justified or unjust?

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    That's why I started "It is being suggested that we may "
    So would it still be 'fine by you' if such an abomination to our civil liberties were introduced?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    It is being suggested that we may need a Covid vaccination certificate/"passport" to go to the pub
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56517486

Fine by me, but where/how do I get one?
    (I guess my local would accept my appointment confirmation email, although that doesn't confirm that I actually turned up and had it)
    The pubs have had about 15 years of adapting to the smoking ban by providing smoking shelters outside. Perhaps these could be re-branded "non-vaccinated shelters"? I'm sure it would be fine for the approaching summer months. Until we get some crap weather and the non-smoking unjabbed are getting piss wet through. And I'll be saying "Now you know what it feels like to be segregated in the interest of public health"

Just kidding, I think the idea is unworkable and unfair. Because us smokers aren't that mardy.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread