+ Reply to Thread
Page 680 of 991 FirstFirst ... 180580630670678679680681682690730780 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sure, whatever floats your boat, but the desire to be 'liked' or your lifestyle justified or applauded in some way is what it makes it different from here, as no-one I know of here behaves like that, certainly for those reasons. This whole new culture of wanting to create 'likes' or becoming 'friends' with some no-mark Internet entity, I just find not only bizarre, but deeply unhealthy and abnormal.

It's that and the penchant for mindless attention-seeking/approval by one's 'peers', which I find deeply sad, as is the fact that so many people now can't function without getting their social media 'hit', and so are glued to their phones 24/7..

Don't know about you, but much as I love this place, I don't really miss it when I'm on holiday, doing far more interesting things in the REAL world, nor do I feel compelled to receive reminder bleeps about every new post or reply I get!

For me, it's about using social media, or forums such as this, in a measured and logical way, as being addicted isn't healthy. Thankfully though I've never had an addictive personality, so I can enjoy many things (pastimes and hobbies), but not become addicted to, or reliant on them

Marco.
    Same here, social media has no part in my life when I'm on holiday either. Not even AoS - if I'm on holiday for a week there'll be no posts from me for at least a week. That way we all get a break. You're welcome
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Just curious - when composing that sentence, did you at any point draw breath?
    Ha - I'm very fast at typing (verging on secretarial speed), that is on a proper keyboard, as I've been using some form of QWERTY keyboard [typewriter or computer] regularly for years, so said sentence took seconds!

You may not know this, but I have a rather short attention span, and am also very very lazy. So if a line is too convoluted for my brain cell to cope with I often just move on to the next line. This to some may look like skim reading but it isn't really
    Lol, well the questions that need asked, IMHO, are *why* do you have a rather short attention span (although I do recognise it as a growing issue these days, the catalyst for which is I'm not quite sure), and why not do something to improve it?

Ditto, with being "very very lazy"...

"Convoluted" is also entirely subjective. Generally, the posts I find most interesting to read are where the author has put some 'meat on the bone' (provided it's a subject I'm interested in), and is able to express themselves eloquently, so if that subsequently makes their contributions "convoluted", then so be it.

I'd far rather than than glib, poorly constructed one-line scribbles, devoid of any worthwhile content. In that respect, we should always be striving to up our game.

Trouble is, as I've already touched upon, modern technology (especially texting) has dumbed down how we communicate as humans, and that has impacted adversely on both our ability to use the English language, and our attention spans, as unfortunately we've become so accustomed to putting in the minimum of effort to get our point across...

Plus, everyone's running around like headless chickens these days, and so have no time to relax or do things properly - everything is rush, rush, rush!

<End of convoluted post>

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Same here, social media has no part in my life when I'm on holiday either. Not even AoS - if I'm on holiday for a week there'll be no posts from me for at least a week. That way we all get a break. You're welcome
    Lol, no worries, but I certainly wasn't thinking of you when I wrote that post, or even anyone else here, but rather 'Joe public'.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

WAY HEY - hairdressing salons and barbers will be reopened from Monday, so I can get a bloody haircut at LONG last!!!!!

It's been doing my fucking head in, especially every time I wash it!! So appointment for a good scalping duly booked for Monday morning - can't wait... It'll help me look semi-human again!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Josie.

lol... Going for a nice blue rinse are we?
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

Ha - you guessed it, in readiness for my new Easter frock!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    WAY HEY - hairdressing salons and barbers will be reopened from Monday, so I can get a bloody haircut at LONG last!!!!!

It's been doing my fucking head in, especially every time I wash it!! So appointment for a good scalping duly booked for Monday morning - can't wait... It'll help me look semi-human again!

Marco.
    You'll miss it when it's gone. No more making it into a pigtail and flossing your arse with it Sorry my reply couldn't be more convoluted...

Oh, and it may be just me, but I don't consider excessively long sentences to signal eloquence. I find that it's up there with over-long paragraphs that look like a big slab of words. In my book the opposite of wordy/convoluted is CONSISE, not "dumbed down"

But you'll be heartened to know that I make an exception with your posts, and try really hard because you're worth it
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Thought I might have got my invitation to be vaccinated today but it turned out to be the Council Tax bill.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

You'll miss it when it's gone. No more making it into a pigtail and flossing your arse with it Sorry my reply couldn't be more convoluted...
    Ha - keep trying, you'll get the hang of it eventually!

Oh, and it may be just me, but I don't consider excessively long sentences to signal eloquence. I find that it's up there with over-long paragraphs that look like a big slab of words. In my book the opposite of wordy/convoluted is CONSISE, not "dumbed down"
    Lol - when I mentioned eloquence, I wasn't necessarily referring to anything I'd written. I don't disagree with your points, but it's entirely subjective. What constitutes as an "overly long sentence" or an "over-long paragraph"?

If you're able to punctuate and spell correctly, then if well written, long sentences or paragraphs are not only possible, but can enhance the reading experience, simply by providing more detail.

Btw, did you mean concise?

Well, I guess one man's "concise" is another man's exercise in laziness! It's all relative. Personally, I prefer people who have plenty to say for themselves, and aren't afraid to say it, as opposed to the opposite.

In any case, you haven't said why you have such a short attention span. What's responsible for that, then - too many daft genes?

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Thought I might have got my invitation to be vaccinated today but it turned out to be the Council Tax bill.
    You can have mine if you want?

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread