+ Reply to Thread
Page 550 of 991 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560600650 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Jeremy.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've not seen anyone claim that a PCR test is infallible. If you test enough people the law of big numbers means you will still get reliable data as to infection rates.
    The problem is you're getting past and present infections at the same time.

I'm Grant.

Looks like we are isolated. Food might get tight now.
    Well done Boris and co
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I got plenty of food in the cupboard. Think I'll survive.

My 80-y-o sister alarmed me yesterday. She caught the Covid last month...

She is normally very careful, but said she needed an emergency eye-test, so went to optician.

He texted her next day to say he had tested positive for the germ.

Husband ran a mile to nearby rented accomodation since he is pretty ancient and unhealthy himself.

Worst month of her life. Couldn't even lift her arms, felt so weak. Didn't eat or sleep for 10 days, was totally delirious. Local Doctor visited regularly.

Ah, well, She is OK now. Thank you God. Everybody 80-y-o getting their vaccine jabs. Old technology. Been around for years.

I'm Geoff.

Glad to hear your sister is now OK.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    I got plenty of food in the cupboard. Think I'll survive.

My 80-y-o sister alarmed me yesterday. She caught the Covid last month...

She is normally very careful, but said she needed an emergency eye-test, so went to optician.

He texted her next day to say he had tested positive for the germ.

Husband ran a mile to nearby rented accomodation since he is pretty ancient and unhealthy himself.

Worst month of her life. Couldn't even lift her arms, felt so weak. Didn't eat or sleep for 10 days, was totally delirious. Local Doctor visited regularly.

Ah, well, She is OK now. Thank you God. Everybody 80-y-o getting their vaccine jabs. Old technology. Been around for years.
    I wish them both well.

Can't wait to get my vaccine. As an old git with no immune system, I would love to get back to something like normal. Unfortunately, I am around level 4 on the list.

I'm Grant.

not sure wher i will be... just hoping it will be in next 6/8 weeks..

and good to hear she made it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I expect the GP will be in touch before too long. Not in that much of a hurry, I largely avoid contact with others anyway.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm guy.

Tier 4 on Boxing Day

Mind you cases have been rising very quickly in Babergh (my local council area), at least we are fairly well stocked with heating oil, food, drinks and bog roll.
    I got a new gas cylinder for the hob today (no mains gas in our village) - spare in case old one runs out - must have been a premonition
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Here too, although I’m not doing anything out and about until the 5th of January anyway. It’s my holidays!

I'm guy.

This Covid thingumy has just gone too far, even the royal family are suffering from cutbacks now

"The two men in charge of the Queen's art collection have left and won't be replaced "for the time being" because of Covid's impact on royal finances."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55424182
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread