+ Reply to Thread
Page 487 of 991 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497537587987 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

"Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Steve.

It's all very well posting links. But I wonder why I should wander off to watch them.

Tell me what YOU think, and then add some justification.

UK is apparently hanging on in there. GDP down 8% on last year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54914410

Flippin' Good under the circs IMO.

BTW, Private Eye was below par this week. The Cover is funny, blaming it all on Dominic Cummings, but jokes were in short supply.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    Be of good cheer, my friends.

However deep in the shit we are, we are way ahead of the Chinese:

These people eat Bat soup and wear Tiger's Teeth. Believe powdered Rhinocerus Horn will do them some good.

The Russians are a more sinister prospect. How Joe Stalin suffered with his conscience in killing 11 Million Ukrainian farmers for the greater good.

Poor Man. A tragedy figure.
    You'd think that material wealth would have helped democracy in China, it is unique, a totalitarian regime that has made a success out of capitalism, but whether that success has filtered down enough to the masses is another thing.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

Sorry Steve,
    They were in relation to previous posts.
    A...
    It's all very well posting links. But I wonder why I should wander off to watch them.

Tell me what YOU think, and then add some justification.

UK is apparently hanging on in there. GDP down 8% on last year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54914410

Flippin' Good under the circs IMO.

BTW, Private Eye was below par this week. The Cover is funny, blaming it all on Dominic Cummings, but jokes were in short supply.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.

I'm Steve.

I was a bit aggressive myself, so apologies.

Just my pet hate on the forums when people just quote other websites. It's an endless circle.

Goodish joke in private Eye. You know those corona virus briefings?

The Eye refers to the two medical advisers as Doctor Doomster and Gloomster.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    You'd think that material wealth would have helped democracy in China, it is unique, a totalitarian regime that has made a success out of capitalism, but whether that success has filtered down enough to the masses is another thing.
    The politics of greed and selfishness are universal. The poor will remain the poor.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

And that's what I *DETEST* about how the world works. We need more fairness and far greater equality - on all levels!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

It's hard to find understandable statistics about China and its 1,4Bn people, but it seems the average income is $12,000 which is well below, say, the UK.

We must be about $30,000, but a bit of a guess. 60% of people live in Urban areas. Income inequality is better than in most countries.

Regional variations are huge. The big cities have maybe 3X the incomes, but higher living costs.

The big Chinese cities are impressive looking:

https://www.chinahighlights.com/trav...estination.htm

I have seen a few films about high tech factories like Foxconn who make Apple stuff. Very impressive but the conveyor-belt work would depress me.

No worries.
    I think we are all developing a somewhat shorter fuse, where attempting to unravel this mess is concerned.
    I was a bit aggressive myself, so apologies.

Just my pet hate on the forums when people just quote other websites. It's an endless circle.

Goodish joke in private Eye. You know those corona virus briefings?

The Eye refers to the two medical advisers as Doctor Doomster and Gloomster.
    Nikola Tesla

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It's hard to find understandable statistics about China and its 1,4Bn people, but it seems the average income is $12,000 which is well below, say, the UK.

We must be about $30,000, but a bit of a guess. 60% of people live in Urban areas. Income inequality is better than in most countries.

Regional variations are huge. The big cities have maybe 3X the incomes, but higher living costs.

The big Chinese cities are impressive looking:

https://www.chinahighlights.com/trav...estination.htm

I have seen a few films about high tech factories like Foxconn who make Apple stuff. Very impressive but the conveyor-belt work would depress me.
    When I visited China in 1987, there were very few private cars. Bicycles were ubiquitous and the majority of people wore Mao suits. Very few people had fridges, so you would see people shopping after work for fresh vegetables. At that time the salary ratio between the highest paid and the lowest was 5:1.

Now it's the other way round: cars have taken over the streets and most people wear western style clothes. The standard of living has improved enormously for most, but the ratio of wealth has sky rocketed. The average Chinese is quite happy with the new found prosperity and doesn't really care about suppression of basic human rights.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread