+ Reply to Thread
Page 450 of 991 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452460500550950 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Grant.

ive had shingles and pneumonia 3 times.... not nice.. swine flu pandemic too.. yes there are a lot of potential nasties in milk before pasteurization, hence why it was enforced.
    Dorset farmer Benjamin Jesty was first to do the smallpox vaccine apparently, but Jenner got the credit as he worked out exactly why it worked.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Dorset farmer Benjamin Jesty was first to do the smallpox vaccine apparently, but Jenner got the credit as he worked out exactly why it worked.
    Smallpox was a really horrendous disease and when I was growing up it was not that uncommon to see survivors about, they were seriously 'pockmarked'! My science teacher when I was about ten was a survivor and was very badly scarred. The rash could be all over and even internal and mortality was high!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

yeah had a couple of teachers who had had it, leaving poc marks on face. one was an ex pow of the japanese too, so he didnt have his troubles to seek. a nice bloke but damaged a bit.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

was that the mother in law joke?
    Yes, Martin's one... What's supposed to be 'racing', and what's racing got to do with anything?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, Martin's one... What's supposed to be 'racing', and what's racing got to do with anything?

Marco.
    not sure the racing was any more than our race to find a vaccine for covid (but i could be wrong) joke was a typical mother in law horror that even the covid wants to rid itself of..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I love the old horse-racing. Missed Dakota Gold the other day due to my bookie being shut. Came in at 4-1! Oh well.

Possibly the most life-threatening disease ever was Cholera or Typhoid.

Not many people now this, but at the height of the British Empire, about 1850, your chances of living past 30 in London Town were slim.

The Thames river was an open sewer. Drinking water was contaminated with disease.

Got so bad we built drains. Happily they were over-engineered. Have hardly needed upgrading since.

not sure the racing was any more than our race to find a vaccine for covid (but i could be wrong) joke was a typical mother in law horror that even the covid wants to rid itself of..
    Lol, I see (sort of). Guess it's not really a joke I appreciate.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

From my perspective;
    The people who' at the moment are totaly against accepting "the vaccine" i think would be much more aproachable on the subject if there was independent un-biased testing and examination of said vaccine, taken randomly from each batch, that really is the only sure way that everyone who accepts it can at least be sure they are getting the exact same Vaccine as say; those who are in positions of power ie; government, and royalty just two examples, but i am sure you get my point.
    The main problem throughout this whole affair has been a total miss-trust in those who have been elected to look after the interests of the nation.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    The people who' at the moment are totaly against accepting "the vaccine" i think would be much more aproachable on the subject if there was independent un-biased testing and examination of said vaccine, taken randomly from each batch..
    Exactly my view, too.

Firstly, I'm not 'anti-vaccines'; I'm simply anti any that [based on MY judgement criteria, not that of the 'officially appointed experts'], who may be biased towards their efficacy for any number of reasons (commercial and otherwise), I consider as having been rushed through, thus not adequately tested [again based on MY judgement criteria], and therefore *potentially* unsafe.

I'm afraid I simply don't sign up to the notion of 'The powers that be have told us that it's safe, therefore it is', so I'll just open my veins and let it drip in... For me, that's lazy, and potentially dangerous thinking, particularly because once this stuff is inside you, and if it stimulates an adverse reaction and in the process does untold damage to your system, there's likely NO going back!

So for the reasons above, and those you've outlined, that's why I won't entertain taking a vaccine for Covid, under ANY circumstances, but also because I'm fit and healthy (and largely always have been) so have faith in the ability of my immune system [and help of the good Lord] to deal with the virus, should I catch it. Yes that's possible, and who knows what might occur if it did happen, but that's MY risk to take with MY own body.

Also, being someone who's only ever vaccination was a BCG jab at secondary school, and who's never been outside of northern Europe [therefore needed immunised against this or that] or contracted any major disease otherwise, I'm not naturally predisposed to being vaccinated and having my body pumped full of chemicals. I don't even have the flu jab [not had a cold or the flu for years], and take no forms of medication whatsoever. I even fight the urge to take paracetamol if, on the odd occasion, I get a headache!

So... as I've said, aside from any potential 'dodgyness', as outlined, over the vaccines being introduced for Covid, I'm simply not a 'vaccine kinda guy', so will be carrying on as normal, until this bloody nightmare is over (or as over as it can be) and praying that those who take the vaccine find it effective and safe, and it subsequently allows the world to return to some form of normality, sooner rather than later.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I found the info in this link to be a very useful and even handed aproach!

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...id-19-vaccine/
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

+ Reply to Thread