+ Reply to Thread
Page 390 of 991 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490890 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Come on, it wasn't meant that way!

I'd just like to see more hope and positivity here, than doom and gloom [there's more than enough of that, daily, on the national TV news on this subject] - *unless* the doom and gloom is genuinely justified!

Marco.
    No probs. I won't post any more gloom.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol... That's entirely up to you, daftee, but it would be nice for this thread to act as an antidote to the constant (and depressing) fear-mongering portrayed by the media, in reference to this 'pandemic', unless of course, as I said, there is a genuine reason to be gloomy, based on what I outlined earlier.

In the meantime, let's all just live our lives as best (and as normally) as we can, with a smile on our faces

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

you can only be tested if you have symptoms...or unless you are asked to do so, which will be key workers and I would imagine places like airports and the like....
    Ok, but unless you look obviously ill, say, have a fever or are coughing violently, how will they know whether or not you have symptoms?

Other than a fever, they can't test you for symptoms - all they can do is act upon information provided by the person wanting to be tested, and in that respect they could be suffering from mild symptoms that aren't detectable [or simply be lying, in order to find out if they've had the virus and recovered from it], either of which when tested may lead to showing a positive result for Covid.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ok, but unless you look obviously ill, say, have a fever or are coughing violently, how will they know whether or not you have symptoms?

Other than a fever, they can't test you for symptoms - all they can do is act upon information provided by the person wanting to be tested, and in that respect they could be suffering from mild symptoms that aren't detectable [or simply be lying, in order to find out if they've had it and recovered from it], either of which when tested may lead to showing a positive result for Covid.

Marco.
    Ok Marco...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Alan.

This dated today...just something else that isn't happening.....

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/healt...JmYYAt-Uy3yqmw
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

Yes, but as I've said, it's all about CASES [cases aren't necessarily a problem, as it may aid herd immunity - had you considered that?] and so as far as the contents of that article are concerned, IMHO, it represents a total over-reaction!

Marco.
    Main System

Some more sense, with regard to this 'pandemic': https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/c...-wave-n1239454

Again, the whole article is valid, but THIS is the key quote and what matters MOST:

Quote Originally Posted by AOL News
    For the moment, the important number is the number of sick persons, and the number of sick people is not increasing," said Laurent Toubiana, a leading epidemiologist at the French Institute of Health and Medical Research. "The number of deaths are not increasing. So we shouldn't be getting worked up".
    ...but that's the problem: too many folks ARE getting unnecessarily worked up!!

Also worth bearing in mind, from an expert:

Obviously, we are already in the second wave," said Hassam. "It's our responsibility to be careful but I don't think there's going to be a huge second wave. Hopefully not."
    The key bit there, for me, is the statement of us already being *IN the second wave*, and dealing with it, although contrary to what he says, unfortunately it's not 'obvious' to some, and certainly not what's being portrayed by the media. However, I think his statement is absolutely true, and so therefore there should be no fear of a "second wave" to come....

The fact is, we're in it already!

Marco.
    Main System

And lastly, this bit from the article is most certainly worth considering and thinking about *very carefully*:

As long as the death and sickness levels remain constant — even as cases rise — it's unclear whether the hand-wringing over an anticipated second wave is justified.

Even with France's ramped-up testing, only about 3% of tests come back positive, said Toubiana, a statistically insignificant figure that's consistent with the testing's margin of error.

"We have another epidemic. We have an epidemic of panic, of fear," said Toubiana. "So this fear and panic makes us not reflect on what is really happening."
    BRAVO

Good to see a dose of reality, for a change, diluting the bullshit... I'd like to see a damn sight less fear and panic, and damn sight MORE calm rationality and common sense!

Marco.
    Main System

Thumbs down FUCK yer "Digital IDs"...!

In other news: https://mailchi.mp/bigbrotherwatch/d...0?e=9509ffdbfa

Keep up the good work, Silkie!

I hope everyone can see though, the direction that the 'powers that be' want to take things, *if *they're allowed. We simply must NOT let them win [seeking to spy on and control us] and continue fighting tooth and nail to DEFEND AND PROTECT OUR FREEDOMS AND RIGHT TO PRIVACY!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Why ohh why are people traveling for miles just to get a covid-19 test, when they don't even have any symptoms, is it like a me first, i'm more important than you scenario, or what ?
    Here's an idea, why not stay home, away from any threat of catching the virus, and let the genuinely ill people get the test, instead of you people wasting resourses on the pretence of your own self importance!
    Sorry, but it needed to be said!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

+ Reply to Thread