+ Reply to Thread
Page 378 of 991 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478878 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's really nothing to do with me being a smoker, it's the principle of the government getting involved in areas of life where it has no business to be involved.
    Agreed, although I think the government are just cow towing the the will of the nation's vocal majority of softarses. Just because I drive a 'normal' car, and consider the use of 'performance' cars on the roads unnecessary and their drivers to be at best selfish, and at worst the antiChrist, I support their right to drive 'em And believe me, now that the mardys have got their own way on the smoking, the next target will be the internal combustion engine. Oh wait, it already is. So I suppose the fatties will be next.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Jon,

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    What are your thoughts on the SNP's hate crime bill?
    I can't see it doing much for free speech or expression.
    I haven't read it, as with not living in Scotland or voting SNP, its contents are unlikely to impact much upon me. However, I'm fundamentally against anything that stifles or prevents (reasonable, non-racist, non-sexist, non-homophobic, etc) free speech.

Therefore, if it's designed to gag people in that way, then I wouldn't support it. However, that would have zero influence on my support for the SNP or NS, in terms of their goals for achieving Scottish independence, which remains as something I would dearly love to see happen in my lifetime

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Fair enough, although I remember my father having a similar rant when debit cards and PIN numbers came into more common usage and cheques started to fade out

The result was......absolutely nothing bad happened.
    Oh Adam, as intelligent a man as you are, such statements also display your naivety... What's bad that happened was of course it acted as a stepping stone/catalyst towards creating the situation we have now! The impending reality of a cashless society, and all that goes with it (potential loss of freedoms), as previously outlined.

This stuff is always done in 'baby steps', in order to test our level of acceptance/tolerance of the 'new normal', with a view towards achieving an end goal, as outlined.

Therefore, as we all willingly embraced the use of debit cards and PIN numbers, and the introduction of increased forms of electronic monetary transactions (Paypal, etc), they've now taken things several steps further, to the situation that currently exists and the imminent extinction of cash...

And it's the same with this 'track & trace' bollocks now: they're testing our tolerance of being surveilled and accountable for our movements, which the majority of the great British public are only too happy to comply with, under the guise that they're helping control the spread of the virus, so we'll see how much further the 'powers that be' take that concept (and the associated technology) in future!

Remember, baby steps - slowly, slowly catchy monkey.....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

I must say i agree with this - those with real money and power can pay clever minds to move their money round willy nilly to avoid paying taxes, while us lesser mortals have to take it up the arse. There was nothing wrong with cash as far as I can see, except that it made scrutiny more of a ball ache so it had to go

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I always welcome cash, so if you're having problems offloading it just send me a PM and I will provide account details

No one pays by cheque any more, which is fine by me as getting to a bank which hasn't closed down to pay it in is a total PITA. And many folk, particularly older people, can't be doing with bank transfers. So I do get a lot of cash payments. Which at least I can dump at any post office.
    Ha - good one... I'll gladly empty the contents of my whisky bottle, full of copper coins, onto your carpet - as I'm considerate that way!

Banks closed down? Not here in Wrexham, where pretty much every major bank still has an active, fully staffed high-street presence, including my own, the Nat West

Observe, muchacho: https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...fi=hd:;si:;mv:

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ha - good one... I'll gladly empty the contents of my whisky bottle, full of copper coins, onto your carpet

Marco.
    Is this a euphemism? If by 'whisky bottle' you mean 'your willy', and by 'copper coins' you mean spunk, I'll pass. Though it might be a good test for Anita's new Vax (and no that's not a euphemism)

T'other system:

A/V:

Aye, but it'd have to be a magnum bottle... For the girls, it's all about the girth!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Jon,

I haven't read it, as with not living in Scotland or voting SNP, its contents are unlikely to impact much upon me. However, I'm fundamentally against anything that stifles or prevents (reasonable, non-racist, non-sexist, non-homophobic, etc) free speech.

Therefore, if it's designed to gag people in that way, then I wouldn't support it. However, that would have zero influence on my support for the SNP or NS, in terms of their goals for achieving Scottish independence, which remains as something I would dearly love to see happen in my lifetime

Marco.

Wait, so you wouldn’t support something that is (and it will be used to) to suppress free speech and introduced by SNP, but that would have zero influence on your support for the SNP?
    Wut?
    Oh, and where independence is concerned, please enlighten me as to what currency will the SNP adopt.
    They have no central bank, they can’t set interest rates, they’re high risk (highest deficit in europe ) and they can’t print money, so …

I guess theres always the Barnett formula, oh wait! When thats gone, oh fcuk

And please don’t mention Scottish oil, as thats worth less than tap water at the moment.
    This is not a dig at you or the SNP, just my thoughts.

Jon, I'm not turning this discussion into a debate about Scottish independence, sorry. We'll keep that for another day. However, I'll answer this:

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    Wait, so you wouldn’t support something that is (and it will be used to) to suppress free speech and introduced by SNP, but that would have zero influence on your support for the SNP?
    Wut?
    When you support a club, and believe in what it fundamentally stands for, you don't always have to agree with every decision that the manager makes!

That's my last word on the matter.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Just had a quick look at the hate speech thing. Misogyny will be made illegal, interesting, and blasphemy will be legalised. All really worthwhile stuff.

It's being introduced by Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf who can trace his Scots ancestry all the way back to Robert The Bruce.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread