+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 991 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132532 ... LastLast

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm Mike.

My 2 local mini markets - the smaller Tecos and Sainsburys both sold out of toilet roll, no idea why people are stock piling this stuff, I am more concerned with food myself. They're also almost completely out of chicken. I live in Brighton where the first UK case was, and a friend just tonight told me of a few people she knows with a fever. Beach front busy for a Monday but cafes etc very quiet. See folk in America are panic buying too - guns. People are panic buying because they might have to self isolate soon, and who can really trust the government to ensure people get fed if they run out of food?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

There is plenty of food available, so no-one should go hungry. What supermarkets will have to do is stop people panic buying by rationing certain items.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Managed a delivery of a few things for boy 2 weeks in advance. Meantime he starves. Very good system.
    I'm supposed to keep away from folk and he has mental health and physical health issues.
    It's all going pear-shaped mostly due to inaction at top.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    There is plenty of food available, so no-one should go hungry. What supermarkets will have to do is stop people panic buying by rationing certain items.
    You honestly think they are bothered. stocks sell clap hands. There is no shortage of stock, it will be stocked back up before you know it. Ive worked in retail. Stock item sells, the sale is logged into the system & automatically ordered for the next day delivery from main distribution.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I was quoting someone I know who works at a distribution centre.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I was quoting someone I know who works at a distribution centre.
    Yup folk buying all the tinned and dry food really isn't on, but shops and govt are mostly at fault. Rationing should have been introduced initially at point of sale
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yup folk buying all the tinned and dry food really isn't on, but shops and govt are mostly at fault. Rationing should have been introduced initially at point of sale
    Absolutely. The people we pay to know about these things should have seen it coming. Though who could have predicted that bog rolls would be a hot item? I just hope those greedy selfish shites are forced to stay at home with no wages, and no money because they've spent it all. Nothing to do but wipe their arses all day
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Kevin.

Well, France is effectively shut for a minimum of two weeks following Macrons speech last night.
    It could well be extended.

French President Emmanuel Macron on Monday ordered stringent restrictions on people's movement amid a rapidly worsening coronavirus outbreak, saying the army will be drafted in to help move the sick to hospitals.

Macron announced measures to "severely restrict movements for the next 15 days at least", starting at midday Tuesday, and limit social contacts as much as possible

The president ordered people to stay at home unless they need to buy groceries, travel to work, exercise or seek medical care

Interior Minister Christophe Castaner said 100,000 officers will be deployed to enforce the lockdown; anyone found outside will have to provide proof of their reasons for travelling

Macron said the second round of municipal elections will be suspended, as will his government’s controversial pension overhaul

The French president said the EU’s external borders will shut for 30 days, but French nationals will be allowed home; travel across the Schengen Area’s internal borders will be severely restricted

The French army will be deployed to help transport the sick and a field hospital is being set up in the hard-hit Alsace region in eastern France

Macron also announced a 300-billion-euro package to help prop up struggling businesses

The death toll from the coronavirus outbreak in France rose to 148 on Monday, with 6,633 confirmed cases
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Well, France is effectively shut for a minimum of two weeks following Macrons speech last night.
    It could well be extended.
    Seems somewhat restricted, but very probably sensible.

Just in case you wanted to try to understand the current situation re coronavirus from a maths viewpoint look at the SIR model - here - https://www.maa.org/press/periodical...equation-model

Also look at possible solutions - more details below:

I found a couple of solvers for the equations for the SIR model mentioned above.

http://math.colgate.edu/~wweckesser/...seaseSIR.shtml

with some solutions

http://math.colgate.edu/cgi-bin/Dise...E_ADDR%22--%3E

Here you need to figure out what the values for r and gamma represent.

and

https://www.public.asu.edu/~hnesse/c...lR=0&iters=500

These last three are just the same model, with different parameter values - here for parameters beta and gamma. Exploring the model does find solutions in which the infections are limited, though we may now be past the point at which that is feasible. It really does look as though keeping contacts low would have mitigated against most people getting the disease. This option may no longer be available.

You can play with the values for beta and gamma in the model above, to show different curves. Features to note are:

whether the infected population rises to a high peak.
    whether the proportion infected dampens down
    how many days it takes for various effects to happen

Note that in these models, the term "recovered" may not mean what we all hope.
    Dave

I'm guy.

Wink

I think that government are doing fine.

I don't usually have sympathy for any politicians, but the poor buggers would open themselves up to claims of being fascists or communists (depending on your "base" viewpoint!) if the army was sent in to patrol supermarkets or if they tried to impose limits on how much people could buy.

However, many journalists seem to be doing their best to stir up panic. Piers Morgan is being particularly objectionable in my view - perhaps he should self isolate for a few months/years
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread