+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 991 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384784 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Exclamation Emergency Coronavirus Bill: most draconian powers in peace-time Britain

Also see here - this is important information that EVERYONE should be aware of [and what the government would rather you didn't know], and if you should choose to, fight against: https://bigbrotherwatch.org.uk/2020/...-time-britain/

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The Nineties were the last good decade. After the clock hit 2000 that was it. We sleepwalked into the New Puritanism. And it's crap in every respect.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”. C.S Lewis
    In your humble opinion. For me, it was the early 80s. Aside from anything else, the 90s gave us Tony Blair - and he was a total bastard, who's caused many of the problems we're facing now!

I don't disagree with the sentiments contained in your quote from C.S Lewis. Me? I *UTTERLY ABHOR* ALL forms of tyranny, and as I've said before, any form of extreme. I'm someone who likes to live in the liberal-minded, easy going, middle-ground, where the accent is placed upon JUSTNESS and EQUALITY for ALL.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Having worked in one ....
    So what is the varnish glaze that is put on the fries?
    Barry

Sweat from the staff serving them? I believe it's called the 'Colonel's Gravy'!

Not to mention, IMO, they're the worst tasting fries of any fast-food outlet - almost as bad as the chicken!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    So what is the varnish glaze that is put on the fries?
    The fries were different back then. It was thirty years ago!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm guy.

I think that there is a big problem with "fast food"/"takeaway" culture (not sure if "culture" is quite the right word ).
    I am sure that we are going to have a section of society with massive health problems in the future. There are areas of Ipswich where the children seem to subsist on takeaways, by secondary school age (some before) many of the kids are obese and seem to have poor complexions and very little energy.

At one school where I worked, for a short time, they employed a new cook who made all of the dishes from scratch (some of the best school meals that I have ever had) - One of the pupils created a hell of a scene, demanding to see the head, because they had found a leaf in their casserole and the cook needed to be f...ing sacked
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Anyway, back on topic... Some great work being done here by BiG Brother Watch, in terms of protecting our human rights and civil liberties: https://twitter.com/BigBrotherWatch/...688243200?s=20

More info here: https://mailchi.mp/bigbrotherwatch/n...4?e=9509ffdbfa

"GOVERNMENT DITCHES CENTRALISED TRACING APP". Yeah I heard about that. HAHA - get it RIGHT UP THE CONTROLLING C*NTS!!

Keep up the good work, Silkie!

Marco [supports anything or anyone who fights against the authorities, for the important protection of their civil liberties].
    Well, Big Brother Watch seem sane compared to the Q-Anon loonies with their wacko theories about Donald Trump, saviour of the universe. But here in the UK at least any 'Big Brother' scheme will almost invariably be stymied by a) government incompetence, particularly in the IT field, and b) the sheer bloody-mindedness of the British populace.

It's slightly odd, given that you support civil liberties, that you back the supposed intention of Donald Trump to close down media outlets he doesn't approve of, and lock up various people. We now see that he's trying to block publication of two books that say nasty things about him. So much for freedom of speech! Fortunately, he's even more incompetent than a government IT department, and is seemingly in the early stages of dementia, so it's unlikely he'll be able to do any of what the Top Secret Plan involves. He's already failed to shut down Twitter, and the US Supeme Court is blocking almost everything he's asking for.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    In your humble opinion. For me, it was the early 80s. Aside from anything else, the 90s gave us Tony Blair - and he was a total bastard, who's caused many of the problems we're facing now!
    Generally speaking the 'best decade' is when you're in your teens/early 20s, because after that the music becomes shit, and you have to worry about mortgages, bills, and, worst of all, working for a living.

Once the 70s were out of the way, I spent the 80s getting married, buying a flat, then a house, having two children, and working. In the early 90s I moved to Bristol, and after that it's mostly a blur until I retired at the end of 2012 and went back to university. That was also when I paid off the mortgage.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    [ But here in the UK at least any 'Big Brother' scheme will almost invariably be stymied by a) government incompetence, particularly in the IT field, and b) the sheer bloody-mindedness of the British populace.

lol, exactly right.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

The Nineties were the last good decade. After the clock hit 2000 that was it. We sleepwalked into the New Puritanism. And it's crap in every respect.
    That's what's good about having children. You're so busy working to keep them fed, clothed and schooled that you don't notice any of that 'decade' shite.

Liberalism is a complicated concept. You have the John Stuart Mill variety of liberalism, where the individual's wishes are paramount and no-one, least of all the government, should have the right to interfere, and the 'Big Government' variety, perhaps personified by Lloyd George, where the state meets everybody's needs from the cradle to the grave, and therefore has the right to tell us what to eat, what exercise to take, how much alcohol to drink, etc etc. What we currently have seems to be the worst of both worlds (though even so, it's not like we're living in Communist China or Soviet Russia).

+ Reply to Thread